Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

FooTheBoss WIP

• 66 Replies

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
Re: FooTheBoss WIP
« Reply #45 on: Jul 09, 2018, 09:24 PM »
Good progress! Vest needs some tailoring around the arm holes, back plate needs some more shaping to fix the gaps between it and your vest.  May need to remove some material to make that happen.  One piee backs are a challenge, good luck vod!

« Reply #46 on: Jul 09, 2018, 09:44 PM »
Good progress! Vest needs some tailoring around the arm holes, back plate needs some more shaping to fix the gaps between it and your vest.  May need to remove some material to make that happen.  One piee backs are a challenge, good luck vod!
You and I are on the same page.  Every time I examine the pics im seeing similar issues and already plan on tackling them!!!  But luckily easy fixes.  The back piece isnt painted specifically because I was certain it could use more shaping and yeah those arm holes are wierd :D  Thanks!

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
« Reply #47 on: Jul 09, 2018, 10:07 PM »
Means you've looked at enough kits to develop a good eye :) Awesome Vod!

« Reply #48 on: Jul 10, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Do I have to have the flak vest for the shoulder bells or can the shoulder armor mount directly to the flight suit?

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
« Reply #49 on: Jul 10, 2018, 08:23 PM »
You don't have to have the shoulder tabs. The flight suit may let them sag and move around too much though.

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #50 on: Jul 10, 2018, 09:44 PM »
You don't have to have the shoulder tabs. The flight suit may let them sag and move around too much though.

^^^ This.

If you affix them to the vest, they're more likely to stay in place in relation to the chest armor.

« Reply #51 on: Jul 11, 2018, 12:08 AM »
I didnt like the vest I made and it was a pain to alter the gap in the shoulder area.  Soo I stole my wifes sewing machine and went to work.  Still doing some tweaking but I was wondering if this was appropriate for connecting the sides before I start considering other methods.   It is velcro and hopefully the pic shows enough detail.  Im assuming that the answer is no due to the fact that it looks too close to a possible armor attachment location.  Worst case Ill trim the velcro away from the area between the side and the back plate... Or maybe throw a cape on.  Any who, looking for that great advice as usual.  Thanks

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2018, 12:18 AM by footheboss » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
« Reply #52 on: Jul 11, 2018, 12:28 AM »
As long as you don't end up with any exposed velcro when the kit is finished, it's fine. Those are engineering challenges you'll have to solve as you build though :)

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #53 on: Jul 11, 2018, 03:02 PM »
^^That^^

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23
« Reply #54 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:31 PM »
OK!  I did some alterations during my lunch and here we go!  Im looking for the boba fett style vest that sits above the belts.  Im still shaping the back piece so thats why its not show as of now.  I tried canvas on this vest with the sides as Velcro so I can place it on without help.  If this gets green lit im going to weather it and finally move on to finishing the back piece.  Thanks!

« Reply #55 on: Jul 14, 2018, 02:35 PM »
Gauntlets came in today :D:D:D:D:D

redraynos14

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
« Reply #56 on: Jul 14, 2018, 08:01 PM »
April's gauntlets are a nice pick.

Invasions Total: 23 |2019: 4| 2018: 12|2017: 7|Educational Events on Record: 13| Joined 03/2017|Upgrade WIP Here
OG PRE-APP 2016

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #57 on: Jul 15, 2018, 10:09 AM »
After printing a set of hers myself (couldn't pass up the deal on her etsy page  ;D ), I'm considering ordering a set direct from her. 

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing you get your killstripes! :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #58 on: Sep 21, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Update here.  I have been way to busy.  I wanted to get a pic from the waist up with pretty much everything attached other than the back plate and possible cape. 

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #59 on: Sep 21, 2018, 12:20 PM »
Looks really good, so far!  :like:  Spacing between the collar and chest might be a bit close, but I would wait for an App Team member to chime in on that.

But, looks REALLY good!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!