Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

FooTheBoss WIP

• 66 Replies

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: FooTheBoss WIP
« Reply #50 on: Jul 10, 2018, 09:44 PM »
You don't have to have the shoulder tabs. The flight suit may let them sag and move around too much though.

^^^ This.

If you affix them to the vest, they're more likely to stay in place in relation to the chest armor.

« Reply #51 on: Jul 11, 2018, 12:08 AM »
I didnt like the vest I made and it was a pain to alter the gap in the shoulder area.  Soo I stole my wifes sewing machine and went to work.  Still doing some tweaking but I was wondering if this was appropriate for connecting the sides before I start considering other methods.   It is velcro and hopefully the pic shows enough detail.  Im assuming that the answer is no due to the fact that it looks too close to a possible armor attachment location.  Worst case Ill trim the velcro away from the area between the side and the back plate... Or maybe throw a cape on.  Any who, looking for that great advice as usual.  Thanks

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2018, 12:18 AM by footheboss » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #52 on: Jul 11, 2018, 12:28 AM »
As long as you don't end up with any exposed velcro when the kit is finished, it's fine. Those are engineering challenges you'll have to solve as you build though :)

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #53 on: Jul 11, 2018, 03:02 PM »
^^That^^

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #54 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:31 PM »
OK!  I did some alterations during my lunch and here we go!  Im looking for the boba fett style vest that sits above the belts.  Im still shaping the back piece so thats why its not show as of now.  I tried canvas on this vest with the sides as Velcro so I can place it on without help.  If this gets green lit im going to weather it and finally move on to finishing the back piece.  Thanks!

« Reply #55 on: Jul 14, 2018, 02:35 PM »
Gauntlets came in today :D:D:D:D:D

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #56 on: Jul 14, 2018, 08:01 PM »
April's gauntlets are a nice pick.

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #57 on: Jul 15, 2018, 10:09 AM »
After printing a set of hers myself (couldn't pass up the deal on her etsy page  ;D ), I'm considering ordering a set direct from her. 

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing you get your killstripes! :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #58 on: Sep 21, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Update here.  I have been way to busy.  I wanted to get a pic from the waist up with pretty much everything attached other than the back plate and possible cape. 

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #59 on: Sep 21, 2018, 12:20 PM »
Looks really good, so far!  :like:  Spacing between the collar and chest might be a bit close, but I would wait for an App Team member to chime in on that.

But, looks REALLY good!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #60 on: Sep 21, 2018, 12:34 PM »
Looks really good, so far!  :like:  Spacing between the collar and chest might be a bit close, but I would wait for an App Team member to chime in on that.

But, looks REALLY good!
I appreciate the feedback! That's one of the main reasons why I'm just using the velcro for now. I would like something a little bit more permanent however the velcro is very forgiving.

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #61 on: Sep 21, 2018, 12:38 PM »

Suggested to move waist items up

If you shift the collar plate it should fix the spacing

Also you should do more work on getting rid of those print lines. Bondo glazing putty is going to be your best friend.

Good look so far.
Be sure your weathering is consistent with your soft parts also :)

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #62 on: Sep 21, 2018, 12:39 PM »
This is looking great! Very nice work. That visor is amazing. Keep it up!  :like:

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #63 on: Sep 21, 2018, 02:40 PM »
Nice!

« Reply #64 on: Sep 24, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Im super pumped!  I feel that this kit is finally coming along.  I sanded down the gauntlets and used some bondo (worked like a charm, thanks!).  I realized after the pic that the collar was not straight with the rest of the plates :(.  My wife is getting tired of taking my pics over and over! But here it is! 

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #65 on: Sep 24, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Very nice! I bet your wife secretly enjoys taking your pictures.  ;)  Just wait until you wear your costume to an event. It makes you feel so elated. It's a great feeling because you know you worked so hard on it. Well done!

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Straka Zulu

« Reply #66 on: Sep 24, 2018, 07:21 PM »
Looks really good, vod!  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!