Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gauntlent weapons

• 6 Replies

Vrex

Gauntlent weapons
« on: Jun 14, 2018, 08:54 AM »
Hey vode! I found this picture ( https://goo.gl/images/um4qRF ) and i am interested, is strap-on weaponounts are acceptable? Like the one on the picture. I'm thinking about to combine this with a half gauntlent, not sure how good that would look tho, so any opinions are welcome.

There is no such thing as too much firepower.

WIP
Re: Gauntlent weapons
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2018, 10:22 AM »
It's a good question.  I had a similar idea with my gauntlets, though I set mine up to have modular plates and bolts to add or remove weapon mounts.  Strapped on weapon mounts though, I don't know.  I do like that idea though.  Perhaps one of the app team could tell you one way or the other whether such a system would be approved.

Hand me my thinking grenades.

Vrex

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:59 AM »
I'll wait a bit more and after work if still no answer i throw a pm to someone from the team. :)

WIP

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2018, 12:25 PM »
I'm not on the app team but according to the CRL's you can do a half gauntlet that covers 2/3rds the length of your forearm but the rest of your forearm needs to still be covered and protected by leather, vinyl, or pleather (like Sabine's gloves around her short gauntlets). There aren't any rules about what you add on top of the gauntlets - so I'm sure that the strap-on weapon is acceptable as long as the gauntlet under it complies with CRLs.

Sounds cool - good luck!

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2018, 05:16 PM »
I'll wait a bit more and after work if still no answer i throw a pm to someone from the team. :)

Remember, most people have lives and other interests than forum cruising. I know it is hard, but give it a day or two before pming people. give them time to see the question, research it if need be, and come back to you with the correct answer.

As far as I know, strapped on gear is acceptable. A good research point would be to look through approved member's kits and see if you can find an already approved version of what you are thinking.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2018, 05:22 PM »
I'm not on the app team but according to the CRL's you can do a half gauntlet that covers 2/3rds the length of your forearm but the rest of your forearm needs to still be covered and protected by leather, vinyl, or pleather (like Sabine's gloves around her short gauntlets). There aren't any rules about what you add on top of the gauntlets - so I'm sure that the strap-on weapon is acceptable as long as the gauntlet under it complies with CRLs.

I think Grantaire nailed it.  As long as you have a gauntlet underneath, how the topper gets attached it it is up to you.  You MAY want to put some velcro in between the topper and the gauntlet shell to help keep it from sliding around on the gauntlet.

ZuluMike99 has a point too, but usually, Havelock, and I are making the rounds at somepoint within 24-48 hours. SladeKel and StrakaZulu do a lot of patrols to and their advice is usually spot on as well. 

Happy making!

Vrex

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Many thanks everyone for the help, i'll draw up a few concepts then.  :D  :like:

WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!