Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Armour build continued

• 23 Replies

Thrig Skor

• You think you're special you're just another job
First Armour build continued
« on: Jun 19, 2018, 04:43 AM »
Alrighty then it has been a fair while since doing work on this as i got busy with work and family. but after going to comic con and seeing the mercs there getting my -censored- back into gear.

The rough Design:

what i have so far:

(Edited 31/07/18)
Gear list (so far)

Finished:
Flight Suit
Kama
Balaclava
Gloves
Belt/Holsters
Classic Jack Boots

Ordered:
Girth Belt: From Aira
Cape: From Aria
Westar's: Ordered
Gauntlets: From April Storms
Knee Armour: From April Storm
Beskad

W.I.P:
Helmet: From April Storm
painting: wip

Flake vest: W.I.P
Ordered from Aria: Arrived
Attach Valcro: Not finished

Armour Plates: W.I.P
Cut Out: Not Finished
Mould: Not Finished
Painted: Not Finished
Valcro: Not Finished

let me know what you all think and any advice is greatly appreciated

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2018, 08:58 PM by Ghosty21 » Logged

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: First Armour build continued
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2018, 07:52 AM »
Vest and kama look great!

Thrig Skor

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2018, 03:25 AM »
Cheers mate. both were made By Aria  :mtu:

Thrig Skor

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2018, 06:18 AM »

alright holsters arrived here a better look at what i have so far

though still awaiting a proper girth belt to arrive. over the scarf im using for show atm

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2018, 01:46 PM »
Lookin' pretty spiffy, vod.  The flight suit arms and legs look kind of baggy, you'll want to take those in some.  You're definitely off to a great start, though.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Thrig Skor

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2018, 10:32 PM »
been thinking colours lately what do people think of this colour scheme? the soft parts will all be the same as the old design just changed armour colour.

Thrig Skor

« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2018, 08:53 PM »
started the painting process still got some fixing up to do

alright so my boots arrived will these be acceptable as is or do i need to modify them? they are the same boots that the 501st approve for tie pilots

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Nice to see some paint on your bucket.   And those boots should work just fine. 

:like:

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2018, 10:58 AM »
Pretty slick build,  so far, vod!
Really like the lighter colored plates, and that helmet is sweet.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2018, 07:26 PM »
been thinking colours lately what do people think of this colour scheme? the soft parts will all be the same as the old design just changed armour colour.

I really Like this design, maybe the cape should put more detail of fights, such as holes or burns..
Anyway you armor looks terrific

regards
Oscar

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

Thrig Skor

« Reply #10 on: Aug 21, 2018, 03:43 AM »
ok so some progress has been made and must kits should almost be finished.
buckets done:

soft parts almost finished just awaiting my girth belt and cape:

Gauntlets also arrived just gotta do some modifying:

and my armour plates are cut out and moulded just gotta paint and attach

Havelock

« Reply #11 on: Aug 21, 2018, 12:00 PM »
Nice to see you making progress, vod.  One concern, though; it appears that your pants and long-sleeved shirt are made of different materials.  Do you have a black short sleeve shirt made of the same material as your pants to wear over the long sleeves and under your flak vest?

Thrig Skor

« Reply #12 on: Aug 21, 2018, 12:49 PM »
I think it's the lighting and they way the boots and karma cover the pants because they are exactly the same colour and material

Havelock

« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Excellent.

Dha'werd

• Dha'werd Oya'karir
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2018, 06:52 PM »
Great work and process, I really like the color scheme of the plates.

good luck vod :like:

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2018, 04:26 PM »
I agree with those above me. I really like the switch to a different plate color. Black on black really mutes a kit in my opinion and it is hard to make certain aspects pop and stand out to show off all of your hard work. Your kama is also looking great. However, not to slow this build train down or anything but have you mocked up how your plates are going to look size wise on your vest? I would hate for you to get so far along in your build with painting everything up and attaching it only to find out that it looks too large and you would have to cut them down. Toss a photo or 2 up on here so we can assist just in case. Keep it up!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Thrig Skor

« Reply #16 on: Aug 26, 2018, 09:40 AM »
I agree with those above me. I really like the switch to a different plate color. Black on black really mutes a kit in my opinion and it is hard to make certain aspects pop and stand out to show off all of your hard work. Your kama is also looking great. However, not to slow this build train down or anything but have you mocked up how your plates are going to look size wise on your vest? I would hate for you to get so far along in your build with painting everything up and attaching it only to find out that it looks too large and you would have to cut them down. Toss a photo or 2 up on here so we can assist just in case. Keep it up!

thanks for the feed back. all good this builds already slow as it is lmfao.
 iv tried with the templates ect but i just cant get it anything to work for me so im going to get the soft parts all done then hope a armour party happens some what soon and get some help with the plates

also switched back to flight suit over thermals
and just waiting for the cape and girth belt to arrive (to replace the scarf)

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Aug 26, 2018, 02:28 PM »
Don't slouch!  :P :P ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Thrig Skor

« Reply #18 on: Oct 06, 2018, 10:56 PM »
sorry for the lack of updates work has been full on these past few weeks.
but my weapons are finished. also my cape and girth belt have been made by Aria just waiting for them to arrive then my soft parts will be finished, so il upload pics once they are here.
and the Sandhawk's are having an armour party next month that im going to make sure i get to and il get the rest of my armour done as i am struggling to do it myself.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #19 on: Oct 06, 2018, 11:19 PM »
Those blasties and stabby are very pretty!   ;D
 :like: :like:

Thrig Skor

« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2018, 11:29 PM »
got to leave work early today so got some stuff done on my kit

still got some tweeks to do but getting closer

do these look like they are the right size? they still need valcro attached so they arnt in place properly atm

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2018, 04:24 AM by Ghosty21 » Logged

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2018, 01:23 PM »
Everything is looking pretty good so far. I do have some slight bad news though. Your chest plates and collar plate are a tad bit too wide. I would suggest 1/4 to 1/2 inch off of the outer edges. After that it looks like you should be good to go

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Havelock

« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2018, 11:46 PM »
Agreed.

Additionally, per the CRLs your ap plate needs to be half as tall as it is wide.  You'll need to trim the height of your ab plate a bit.

Kandosii Tor

• MMCC 1164
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Oct 29, 2018, 01:28 PM »
The chest pieces are definitely a bit wide, and the inside "teeth" don't seem to fit around the chest diamond evenly...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!