Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Legacy Armor

• 9 Replies
WIP Legacy Armor
« on: Jun 26, 2018, 04:01 PM »
Hey guys. Here's my legacy kit Ive slowly been working on for the last few months

The belts are placeholders until I can get blue fabric and better leather

And my current weapons

« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2018, 04:05 PM by CyberPunk131 » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: WIP Legacy Armor
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Looking good so far :) 

You are probably aware  -- need shoulders, knees, and a diamond. 
Back plate has some points in the side pics where it is floating away from the plate below it, may need to tweak the shaping there a bit. 

Really liking the look!

Sep

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2018, 07:44 PM »
Looks good, so far. :)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2018, 07:46 PM »
Made shoulder bells, knees and cod adjustments

Also chest diamond

And a rough design for a heavy blaster pistol and vibroblade

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2018, 08:57 PM by CyberPunk131 » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2018, 08:27 PM »
well done :)

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2018, 03:46 PM »
Finally progress has been made. My kit is nearly done, some minor fixes, a loincloth, and a new pair of boots and ill be done

Some app style pictures

The gap in my left gauntlet is for my phone which is setup to look like this

My vibroblade which i forgot to put on before i took pictures
It has a nanobiscotte that i "requsitioned" from a lightsaber for sound

And the blaster pistol which has a repurposed spark 2 for light and sound

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2018, 09:44 PM »
Great work! Kit is looking good!

Soft goods are all going to need some weathering since it's present on the plates.
The bottom 2 plates of your backplate are floating away from you  -- visible in side photos. Either need better securing or shaping tweaks, and your backplates shouldn't tuck into your waist items.

It's really close :)

« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2018, 06:10 PM »
I adjusted my backplates and I think they look better now

Are these boots approvable? I want to make sure before I buy them

Also any tips on weathering my softparts? I was thinking just dragging them through some dirt but i dont know how well that will stay on

Nano Rey'son

• Rebel Dad
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2018, 10:47 AM »
I adjusted my backplates and I think they look better now

Are these boots approvable? I want to make sure before I buy them

Also any tips on weathering my softparts? I was thinking just dragging them through some dirt but i dont know how well that will stay on

Kit is looking good. I think top of back plate needs to be formed a little bit so that it sits flush to your shoulder blades.

Boots are good

With black soft parts, running through wet mud helps but also using spray paint to mist it. Use grays and browns/light brown. I just got approved and the black flight suit and vest was the one thing I had to keep weathering because its hard to show up on pics

It is better to be a Warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war
M.V.S 080 l L.O.B 61 l V.O.T.S 90

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2018, 12:57 AM »
Reason is absolutely right.

Heat the top corners of that backplate and try to roll them over and in to mitigate that gap. You might end up trimming some stuff but dont cut too much or you will be back to the gap

Armored Invasions Total: 32|2019: 14| 2018: 12|2017: 7|Educational Events on Record: 20| Joined 03/2017|Upgrade WIP Here
OG PRE-APP 2016

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!