Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Valentin WIP

• 3 Replies

Jaryn Solus

• Formerly 'Vegadane'
  • Sometimes it's better to think rather than speak
  • Awards Special Weapons
Valentin WIP
« on: Jun 27, 2018, 12:31 PM »
As promised ;)

After some very patient advice from Kris Jasra I've pretty much got my templates down to where I'm happy with them. The current build thread under the Vok'Chi clan is here for more detail: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=154361.15

For the shoulders I'm aiming to use 160mm pipe elbows and modify to be closer to the Hondo Karr style bells. Shins need a little modification but I'm happy with the knees after playing with them in heavy card. The thigh has been tapered to match the top of the knee, I'll likely bulk them out with some trauma plating as well.

Jaryn Solus

• Formerly 'Vegadane'
  • Awards Special Weapons
Re: Valentin WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2018, 02:49 PM »
Plates are cut :)

Got hold of some 160mm pipe elbows to build some shoulders from as well. Just got to get the cut right to match the Hondo Karr style shoulders.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2018, 03:40 PM »
Missed your last update somehow.  Apologies :)

Templates and plates are looking good.  Would shape the shins a bit closer to your leg than the carboard ones, but I figure that's a function of the cardboard more than you plans ;)

Keep it up!

Jaryn Solus

• Formerly 'Vegadane'
  • Awards Special Weapons
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2018, 02:11 AM »
I think it may actually be the boots pushing the shins forward, they may need to be switched out

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!