Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

T-shaped visor rule clarification

• 6 Replies
T-shaped visor rule clarification
« on: Aug 30, 2018, 10:53 PM »
I just need a clarification on the T-shaped visor rule.  I am planning on using this model, is this acceptable or does the upright part of the T need to be cut out?

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: T-shaped visor rule clarification
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2018, 10:58 PM »
Crl's state you need at least a 3rd of the vertical section visible lone wolf's execurioner bucket is about the minimum you can get away with.  ;)

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Crl's state you need at least a 3rd of the vertical section visible lone wolf's executioner bucket is about the minimum you can get away with.  ;)
See that is where I am getting confused.  In this one the whole T is there, it is just that the vertical section is a recessed part of the armor, instead of the actual...I don't actually know what that material is called.  So does it have to be the actual visor material or will the T shape being 2 different materials work?

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2018, 11:11 PM »
They mean the see thru bit bud

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2018, 11:33 PM »
What Drexel said... it isn't visor unless it's cut out...

« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2018, 12:39 AM »
Ok modifying the file will not be hard.   Thanks guys.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2018, 06:41 AM »
I'd also add that the vertical part of the T is a very important practical part for visibility while wearing it.  Because of our Ts we can see the floor in front of us without tilting our heads down.  Because of that, Mandos don't bump into things as much as the other helmeted costumes that don't have T-visors.  We can also handle stairs more easily than the others.  So as long as you keep the top third of the T, you'll have better visibility.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!