Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Izabet Lorca-Wren armor build thread

• 2 Replies

IzabetLorca-Wren

• May the Porg be with You!!
Izabet Lorca-Wren armor build thread
« on: Jun 30, 2018, 07:31 PM »
It's finally time to get this thread up and running. I finally know how to upload images, so I can add them here too!

Ok, so Izabet (Izzabette) Lorca-Wren married into the Wren clan after her Imperial Intelligence husband died. She's an assassin, a medic, and teaches the finer points of making an untraceable kill to students in the Imperial Intelligence Training program.

Originally I was going to try to mesh a Bo Katan style armour with Ursa Wren and ended up just going with full Wren as I decided that upon the death of her husband, she would have made a completely new set of armour with tech geared specificlly to an assassin.

Here's my original idea board:

pay no attention to the how crappy I rendered this. I don't currently have a working laptop on which to run my Photoshop, so I had to make due with crappy Gimp!

You can see my fabrics, which are mostly a stretchable pleather-like, very breathable material. The oil slick is what I was possibly going to make a reversible cloak out of (with the story that it's a tech fabric and can make you invisible to scans, etc).

I'm Arqet clan, so obviously that has to be somewhere on my armour, and more than likely the same for the LGBTQ squad that I have currently forgotten the name of.
Here's my other detail idea board:

You can see I want to add some practical accessories like the headband Bo wears and the jaw armour Kelbourn came up with (super cool idea, and great to hide a mic in!)

I've since revamped my plate templates, and am trying to see if I can get them out of the Sintra I have on hand. My only reason for not currently having a helmet and the vinyl to start covering my pieces in is funding. We're fixing to move and I have the very bad feeling that something is going to get misplaced (Why do I do this to myself!) I also created my own template for my thigh plates. I meshed the Jango style with the Katan style and it came out great, and perfectly fits my thighs! I'll upload it here so you guys can use it if anyone has a hankering to do so!

Happy Building to all!
 :sabine: :<3: :porg1: :porg2:

*~Mara-Belle Rose D'Lacur~*
MJLolanaK - Rebel Legion
MaraJadeLK - 501st Legion
LolanaKetalli - Jedi Assembly
Darth Mystrial, DiVanna Jade-Maul - The Dark Empire & The Sith Dominion

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
Re: Izabet Lorca-Wren armor build thread
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2018, 08:08 PM »
So cool, watching this with interest!!

IzabetLorca-Wren

• May the Porg be with You!!
Re: Izabet Lorca-Wren armor build thread
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2018, 06:13 PM »
Update!!

I was able to get all the pieces out of the Sintra I already have. SO it looks like I'll need to get more for any other accessories, etc.

I also hit a huge snag. My sewing machine died on me and that's setting me back majorly! I feel like Han when he says it's not his fault, and Lando after the Cloud City techs told him they "fixed" the hyperdrive! Long story short, the problem was not fixed and may mean I need a new machine. That's another lead brick to sit next to my computer operated machine that's been in need of repair for the last five years! (That mother is waaayyy too expensive to repair right now)

But in other news, I'm currently looking for an inspiration for a Jetpack attachment and a cod and butt plate that I like. (Is Ursa's groin really a hard armor plate rather than a piece of fabric, I thought someone spoke to the actual designer and he mentioned that...) So in anyone has any "comfy" plate ideas, lemme know!

*~Mara-Belle Rose D'Lacur~*
MJLolanaK - Rebel Legion
MaraJadeLK - 501st Legion
LolanaKetalli - Jedi Assembly
Darth Mystrial, DiVanna Jade-Maul - The Dark Empire & The Sith Dominion

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!