Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

NME props helmets - are they all approvable?

• 7 Replies
NME props helmets - are they all approvable?
« on: Jul 05, 2018, 07:37 PM »
I had to put my armor project on hold for a while due to lack of spare money to throw at it, but now that I'm getting back on track I've been looking at helmets again.  Originally I had planned to go with an NME props assassin helmet, which I'm pretty sure is accepted by the mercs - however, their website has several new helmet designs that I'm curious about.

https://www.nmeprops.com/product-page/the-rc
This one is based on a republic commando helmet design, and frankly I like the bulkier/more rugged look compared to the traditional fett/jango style buckets, but given that it looks quite different I'm not sure whether it is an approved bucket for the mercs.

Shiny.  Let's be bad guys.

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: NME props helmets - are they all approvable?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2018, 10:50 PM »
The RC is NOT approvable for a Mando build and the Death Stalker is but only with a T-visor and, as they note on their site, for Late Crusader builds only.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Correct. The RC is a Republic Commando helmet that is not approvable for mandalorians. All helmets minus the Ventress bounty hunter and the RC are approvable for modern era, except for the deathstalker which is Crusader only.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2018, 12:07 AM »
The assassin is a good choice. Or my personal favorite of their line the Stalker helmet.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2018, 08:13 PM »
I wholeheartedly endorse the Stalker.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2018, 09:36 AM »
I have a Stalker as well, and I highly recommend anything NME makes. They are incredible helmets. Since you're in San Antonio, you might try getting together with our Mercs up there and trying one on. Val Sedam and Ruusaan Sedam both have them.

If you're looking for something similar to the RC, check out Dha Bral's Mando ComMando helmet: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=149617.0

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2019, 10:50 PM »
The RC is NOT approvable for a Mando build and the Death Stalker is but only with a T-visor and, as they note on their site, for Late Crusader builds only.
Why isn't the TT approvable? Just curious and I really like the look of it.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2019, 10:28 AM »
Because we don't see the TT in references for Modern era Mandalorians -- we see it with Crusader Era.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!