Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lynx's Build (Pg4. Finally, full kit!)

• 51 Replies

Lynx7386

• We aim to misbehave
Re: Lynx's Build (Update: Paint done! (mostly))
« Reply #45 on: Sep 16, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Havent been able to get much done lately due to hobby funds running low, but I did pick up a set of enamel model paints and did some of the detail work on the gauntlets and jetpack thrusters:

Shiny.  Let's be bad guys.

Lynx7386

• We aim to misbehave
Re: Lynx's Build (Update: Paint done! (mostly))
« Reply #46 on: Oct 30, 2018, 10:56 PM »
I'm almost there!

(Note: Flight suit, leather belts, left glove, leg armor, etc. is all not on in this picture)

I'm aware that many parts of my kit are not going to be up to CRL, but I rushed to finish this for comicon (actually missed it, was last weekend) and halloween tomorrow night.  I still have a lot of work to do on the kit overall, but I think it's coming along pretty well considering this is my first ever venture into DIY cosplay.  Already have ideas for my 'next' kit, and now that I've done this once I can learn from all the mistakes I made (and there were many).

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Lynx's Build (Pg4. Almost finished)
« Reply #47 on: Oct 31, 2018, 09:48 AM »
That looks great. You've done an amazing job on everything. No worries about CRL compliance - this is why we have Ruus'alore to help you. They will guide you in the right direction. It is coming together nicely. Keep it up!

ART TEAM LEAD | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR

Lynx7386

• We aim to misbehave
Re: Lynx's Build (Pg4. Almost finished)
« Reply #48 on: Oct 31, 2018, 09:14 PM »
Finally got to suit up in my full kit for my company's halloween party tonight, was a blast and I got a ton of compliments on the outfit.

Straka Zulu

• Formerly 'STRAKAZulu'
  • Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Lynx's Build (Pg4. Finally, full kit!)
« Reply #49 on: Nov 01, 2018, 07:30 AM »
You can SIT and KNEEL!! For a first build, that is quite the accomplishment! :like: :like:

Honestly, a couple of minor adjustments, and this one could be good to go. Just talk to your Ruus, see what they say.

Good luck, and good hunting!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #50 on: Nov 01, 2018, 09:19 AM »
That looks fantastic! I agree with Straka on some minor adjustments. But yes, talk to your Ruus'alor and see what they say. You've done a great job. I'm glad you were able to wear it and test it.

ART TEAM LEAD | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR

Lynx7386

• We aim to misbehave
« Reply #51 on: Nov 01, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Yea it wasn't easy sitting and kneeling though lol

I already have plans for my next kit, this one was a first time trial.   I'd like to do a slightly viking- inspired melee mando next, with a pair of vibro axes instead of a blaster, no jetpack, and possibly implement chainmaille and scale maille into it (I've done both for renaissance fair projects before).

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!