Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmet Fit

• 3 Replies
Helmet Fit
« on: Jul 02, 2018, 09:53 AM »
Hey All!
So I've got an NME Stalker helmet for a Mandalorian Sith project I'm working on. (I'll be posting my concept art on a seperate thread) The helmet is the right size, but obviously the empty helmet isn't going to just stay in place on my head. I'm wondering what you guys and gals have done to get your helmets to stay firmly on your head. My current idea is to do something similar to a construction helmet. Where you have the plastic band on the inside to get it to stay in place. What have you all had success with and do you think my idea will be effective or if there's something better I could do.
Thanks for the help!
 :maul: :maul: :maul: :maul:

Kurz

Re: Helmet Fit
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2018, 10:13 AM »
I just bought some airsoft helmet padding and it works just fine. 15-20 bucks and u're fine.

Cabur Akaata #133
Oribru Akaata #31

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2018, 11:36 AM »
Some people use the military helmet padding kits.  Some use baseball or bicycle helmet pad kits.  Some (me) use EVA Foam (it's approvable if it isn't visible ;) )

Some use those hardhat rings, but you have to figure out mounting points for them.     Whatever you do, I recommend making the inside of your helmet black -- I use Plasti-dip on the inside of my helmets -- gives them a soft rubber coating, and insures the inside of my helmet isn't a distraction for me (my first helmet was made out of home depot buckets, ALL THE ORANGE!!!).

Enjoy your Assassin, look forward to pics your progress on it!

Anansi

• Ratiin de gar be'eso, ner vod.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2018, 09:21 PM »
I went with the military padding set. just a bit of sticky back velcro and my stalker stays right where it should. I depending on how it sits, you may want to do without the center pad.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Anansi's Armor WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!