Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Option for Flak Vest???

• 1 Replies
Option for Flak Vest???
« on: Aug 06, 2018, 08:14 PM »
 :porg2: So question, working on getting my soft parts together.  I was wondering if this would work for a flak vest if I cut the sleeves off and turned it around and wore it backwards.  :vizsla:

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Option for Flak Vest???
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2018, 12:04 PM »
I would wait for an app team member to respond definitively but in my opinion I don't think it will work. The flak vest will need to be relatively form fitting but the gathered elastic at the back of the jacket won't let your armor lay flatly. If you remove the elastic, there will be excess material and you will need to sew in darts which seems more effort than what it's worth if you're looking for a no-sew flak vest option.

I've definitely seen people do something similar with other jackets but I don't know if you should try it out with this one in particular.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!