Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Adenn Buurenaar Mk.2 Legacy

• 5 Replies

Slav1

Adenn Buurenaar Mk.2 Legacy
« on: Aug 17, 2018, 10:23 PM »
So I started this project about a year ago and I'm just now finally getting onto the forums. I have Mk.1 pictures posted in the armour construction thread if you're interested. The pictures attached here is the mk.2 variant with trauma plates and a larger mythosaur skull carving, in addition to my upgraded helmet. Any feedback/criticism is more then welcome, cheers.

Update 09/06/2019 Added a photo from last con I went to to show how the armour currently looks. I need to adjust my flak vest and well as lower the straps holding my holsters on my belt so I can have the ammo pouches on the belt without interference. As well I have yet to weather my soft goods, will be doing that as soon as My flak vest has been adjusted to the regulations. I also noticed the ab plates stick outwards more then they did before. As such I've decided to add some leather straps behind the plates so they better conform to my stomach and will make the kit a lot more presentable then it is currently. Thoughts on spacing and overall kit would be appreciated and welcome.

Update 08/31/2019 Done a lot of work since my last update, started a leather ammo belt and a set of holsters for my pistols. Reworked the breast plates so there is one solid piece with trauma plates over top rather then two separate plates like I had before. Started my lower plates and they are just about ready for final assembly and paint, hopefully should have those done soon. And lastly I have noticed my ab plates protrude forward while I'm wearing them so I have prepped and waterproofed some leather straps to give them more movement and hopefully prevent that issue from happening again.

Update 03/11/2018 Painted the new spacer and collar plate, had a small accident with clear coat, will need to repaint but the armour parts themselves are nearly finished.

Update 17/09/2018 Finally have the spacer plate formed and riveted in place, things look to be correct for the plate spacing and position. I wouldn't mind confirmation just to be double sure though.

Update 09/09/2018 Cut out a spacer plate 5 cm in height which should bring the collar plate into the correct position.

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2019, 08:18 PM by Slav1 » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Adenn Buurenaar Mk.2 Legacy
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2018, 10:39 PM »
You've done a great job on a lot of things, with a hard to work with material :)

App style photos would really help. The biggest two things I notice in terms of approval are:
Your plates are weathered, your softgoods are not.  If you have weathered plates, the softgoods need to be weathered consistently.
Your collar plate is too low.  Collar should be ALMOST choking you.   

It also looks like your chest plates may be cocked int relation to your collar plate.. but these photos make it hard to confirm. 

Keep at it vod!

Slav1

« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2018, 10:46 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply, what is the best way to adjust the collar plate? Mine is attatched with shoulder braces seen here: Should I just pop the rivets and move it higher on the brace? Also how high does it need to come up roughly speaking?

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2018, 10:59 PM »
I think you have a good idea to try.  It means you may need to make new shoulder mount holes for your shoulders.

Also how high does it need to come up roughly speaking?

It should be ALMOST choking you when you wear it-- i.e. the top edge of the collar should be a half-inch to an inch from your Adam's apple.  Wearing it AGAINST your Adam's apple, will result in bruising on troops (ask me how I know lol)

Slav1

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2018, 11:25 PM »
"It should be ALMOST choking you when you wear it-- i.e. the top edge of the collar should be a half-inch to an inch from your Adam's apple."

Collar plate sits on the collar bone, gotcha, 5 cm it is. Cheers.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2018, 09:04 AM »
What you've done so far looks really awesome, brother...I like the color combination, and you wear it well. Keep up the good work!

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34

"This, too, shall pass." - Abraham Lincoln, 1862

"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does." - Ol'Varticus

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!