Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lyn Kryze WIP

• 146 Replies

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
Lyn Kryze WIP
« on: Aug 21, 2018, 08:06 PM »
Okay, here's what I've got so far.

My (rough) concept for my armor.

My left chest plate needs to be reformed, so ignore its awkward shape. I had an ab plate, but it was judged as being too asymmetrical, so I have to cut and shape a new one.

My backplate still needs to be formed and sanded. And my knees and gauntlets are good to go, but they need to be repainted.

Gloves and guns. My Westar-34s still need some work to make them look screen-accurate, but are otherwise good.

Ammo belt and (temporary) girth belt. I've got plenty of braided cord and more vinyl to make a better one.

Flak vest and balaclava.

And my flight suit; which needs a little sewing along the waist, but is otherwise good.

I still need to make a cod piece, and then I just need to sand and form the rest of my plates. After that, they'll be ready for paint and primer. I'm planning on making my shins and boot plates later, after I've gotten my new boots; my current ones are too beat up.

I currently have a two-piece Jango helmet, but it's for another build, so I still have to get another helmet. If anyone has any recommendations, feel free to share.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2019, 08:08 PM by Jennari » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Jennari WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2018, 08:26 PM »
Nice!  I'm glad to see you posting this up.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Jennari

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2018, 08:28 PM »
My Ruus'alor told me to. How could I refuse? He gave me a lot of positive feedback.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2018, 08:30 PM »
Ab plates can be tricky to get the consistent spacing with the fangs and the rest of the chest plate! 

It all looks pretty good so far! Look forward to seeing it on you :)

May need to modify the pouches just a bit from off the shelf tactical, but that's all I'm seeing right now :)   I like your color scheme too.

And with Havelock in your corner, your kit will be awesome!

Jennari

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Thanks. The ammo belt may be temporary, too. Depends on when I get my Jango belt.

Jakor Sevdel

• Alderaan had it coming
« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2018, 09:38 PM »
Beautiful, jealous you have this done so far compared to me.  :D

"Here's why you can't exterminate us, aruetii. We're not huddled in one place—we span the galaxy. We need no lords or leaders—so you can't destroy our command. We can live without technology—so we can fight with our bare hands. We have no species or bloodline—so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we certainly can kill you."
―Ranah Teh Naast

Jennari

« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2018, 09:40 PM »
At least you have a helmet!

Jakor Sevdel

• Alderaan had it coming
« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2018, 09:42 PM »
True.  ;D

"Here's why you can't exterminate us, aruetii. We're not huddled in one place—we span the galaxy. We need no lords or leaders—so you can't destroy our command. We can live without technology—so we can fight with our bare hands. We have no species or bloodline—so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we certainly can kill you."
―Ranah Teh Naast

Dha'werd

• Dha'werd Oya'karir
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2018, 11:57 AM »
You have all the ingredients for an incredible armor.
I like the design on the plates, maybe not black, maybe a color that contrasts with the gray color: orange or yellow, it's just an idea ;D.

Good luck vod
regards

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Looks really good, so far.  Looking forward to seeing this all come together.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jennari

« Reply #10 on: Aug 23, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Thanks, vode.

Sea_Marshall

• Consider it done
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2018, 05:03 PM »
Your WIP looks great and is easy to follow along. You've got a solid start on your plates and we look forward to it coming together. Keep at it!

Jennari

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Thanks, vod.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Off to a really great start and the armor concept is certainly pretty unique. Quick question, how is the back plate going to fit with your over the head collar plate/ gorget once it is attached to your vest?

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jennari

« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2018, 04:41 PM »
It's based off the Wren plates, hence the designs. And I need to get/make another vest for my Jango build anyway, but we'll see.

3mandos

• "Kebii'tra Verd" #2179
« Reply #15 on: Sep 03, 2018, 11:54 PM »
Okay, here's what I've got so far.

I love the design/paint scheme

Jennari

« Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2018, 02:33 AM »
Thanks. It’s a combination of the Clan Wren and Kryze armor, as well as Ram Zerimar’s.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #17 on: Sep 05, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Oooooh i love the colour of your flight suit.  :8):

Jennari

« Reply #18 on: Oct 01, 2018, 12:25 AM »
Thanks, vod. Now, progress!
 Cut, shaped, and sanded all my plates, sans my boot and shin ones. They're ready for paint and primer!  :D

Kruser

• Helmet on. Heart gone.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #19 on: Oct 01, 2018, 12:31 AM »
Great color scheme.  Looking forward to seeing this on you and not on the floor!  :D

Jennari

« Reply #20 on: Oct 01, 2018, 12:34 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate it. Your kit is looking great, too!

Kruser

• Helmet on. Heart gone.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #21 on: Oct 01, 2018, 12:41 AM »
Thank you!  I miss lurking in this section of the forum.  Feels like forever since I've been able to.  I miss seeing everyone's kit take shape!

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #22 on: Oct 01, 2018, 02:33 AM »
Now that's some great progress jen. :like:

Jennari

« Reply #23 on: Oct 01, 2018, 03:48 AM »
Thanks, Jett.  :D

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 01, 2018, 09:32 AM »
Progress!!!  Feels good having something you can hold, doesn't it? ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!