Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Approvable blade?

• 1 Replies

Gatorlorian

• Formerly 'BikerFett'
  • Loyalty above all else.
Question - Approvable blade?
« on: Sep 06, 2018, 10:45 PM »
I have a question about:

So I've been playing a bit in my shop and made a mythosaur broadsword. Up until now, it was just for fun, but I got to wondering if it'd be approvable as a weapon for an early Crusader?
The pic I added includes a blade that I did for a friend. That one (obviously) won't be used for a Mando kit.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
Re: Question - Approvable blade?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Right now it's just an earth sword with a mythosaur skull on the hilt/guard area.    To be honest, while mythosaurs were hunted in the EC era, they don't really show up as a symbol of Mandalorian culture until the modern era (to my knowledge)

The blade itself could use some cutouts in the center, and an irregular edge to make it look more consistent with the examples we have of vibroblades/swords.  Maybe some greeblies on the blade as well.  Anything you can do that wouldn't make sense for an earth warrior working with iron/bronze/steel vs. a spacefaring culture working with better materials and different metallurgical concerns.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!