Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I am either a genius or a mad man for thinking this is a good idea

• 8 Replies
So I found out you can get these buckets at wallmart for a buck a pop

And I for some reason I have decided to try and make a helmet out of this square bucket. If anyone has any helpful Ideas I will not turn down any.

Failure is never an option. You call it version 1 instead and when all else fails blame Jar Jar

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
That material has a strong memory.  Getting it to forget about the corners will be an interesting challenge.  Part of the trick with the home depot buckets, is that they're already 90% the correct shape.  Will be following with interest.  Recommend you sand beFORE cutting and shaping, way easier cause you can just hit it with a random orbital as it is now.

That material has a strong memory.
Yah I was thinking that too I was thinking that If I made a form of some kind I could heat it up and shape it that way.

Failure is never an option. You call it version 1 instead and when all else fails blame Jar Jar

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
You could shape them around something like a 5 gallon bucket maybe.  If you're concerned about the bucket deforming from heat you could fill it with water first.  Already has that classic Mandalorian Bell Shape.

I was thinking about making a wooden one using wizard of flight's temples but the water filled bucket's an idea I hadn't thought of

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
If you have a regular five gallon bucket any way why not just use that. Round peg round hole vs round peg square hole.

Bubblehead

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
I did something similar for my first build. Here are a couple pics for giggles. Good luck.

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Impressive!

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
That is very impressive, I agree! Nice work.

ART TEAM LEAD | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!