Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Stenax Mandolorian Merc

• 13 Replies
Stenax Mandolorian Merc
« on: Sep 12, 2018, 06:36 AM »
Hello there

In old comics I was found an interesting race, Stenax.
Can it exist, as Mandolorian Merc?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stenax

Now with concept

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkx-8ACPNbDS4jXbb_veuB6FSsr-3rol/view?usp=sharing

The armor is designed taking into account the
appearance and external features of the Stenax race.
The spikes on the elbows, knees, shoulders and claws on the legs are a natural weapon that the Stenax own from childhood, so Stenax will not cut them off.
The helmet will be made with the respect of the shape of the Stenax's head. It should be convinient for wearing by the stenaxes. Also I think I will do stenax's make-up for the events (Gray skin).
Shoulders cover and strengthen shoulder outgrowth.

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2018, 11:48 AM by Maugan_Ra » Logged

Ko'rizna Falco

• Weapons are a part of my religion
Re: Stenax Mandolorian Merc
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2018, 08:44 AM »
Wow!! I sure hope so. That would be an intense build out. But I would wait to see what the app team says.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2018, 08:44 AM »
The first step is going to be drawing up a concept sketch and posting it so we can work from there.  Most of what's unique about that guy will just be covered up by armor, flightsuit, flak anyway.   

The real tricky bit, the engineering challenge -- will be getting wings that large, that meet club quality standards, that don't weigh too much to wear.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Not only that, there are a lot of boney protusions on the forearms which will make fitting gaunts a bit of a challenge not to mention the talons on the feet and calves. Then there's the horns to consider.

digitalviking

• Ammon - haar Ve'vut Solus
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2018, 10:30 AM »
Basically, you want Satan as a Mandalorian? Hahahaha!

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Might I suggest going devaroinian first and working towards your goal?

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Drey

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2018, 01:21 PM »
Dude. Dude. Vod. I'm literally working on something ridiculously close to that. Definitely keeping tabs here. Also, I need to redraw the concepts I do have, so if you need help with that, I'd be glad to share/help with anything you specifically need since I'm doing it anyway. You will need someone else for the wings, but a really quick Google search for cosplay wings shows a lot of results.

Raynos Ge'tal

• Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Ease of life. Lose the wings, use a jetpack. Backstory written so that you lost your wings in battle.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2018, 02:18 PM »
Ease of life. Lose the wings, use a jetpack. Backstory written so that you lost your wings in battle.

Kits don't get approved based on their backstory.  And for an alien build, you have to keep, or at least imply the alien anatomy through armor coverage.   The wings are a key feature of this race.  Going Devaronian is a decent option.

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2018, 02:28 PM by Sep Ho'ban » Logged

Raynos Ge'tal

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2018, 02:29 PM »
My bad. Learn something new every day

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Sep 29, 2018, 10:42 AM »
I could see it working as an early Crusader.   There's already lots of horns and spikes in those builds...

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2018, 01:21 PM »
Update =) Sorry it took so long

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkx-8ACPNbDS4jXbb_veuB6FSsr-3rol/view?usp=sharing

The spikes on the elbows, knees, shoulders and claws on the legs are a natural weapon that the Stenax own from childhood, so Stenax will not cut them off.
The helmet will be made with the respect of the shape of the Stenax's head. It should be convinient for wearing by the stenaxes. Also I think I will do stenax's make-up for the events (Gray skin).

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2018, 01:34 PM by Maugan_Ra » Logged
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Update =) Sorry it took so long

I am doing a kit, currently, where I have to engineer my armor around the shape of the creature, as well as make a 'Creature" costume, quite literally as part of the kit.
Here are some concepts I have gone through that have kinda changed over time in color-scheme or plate design as I try to simplify the design. One thing my Ruu'salor was trying to get through my artistic skull. KEEP-IT-SIMPLE! SIMPLE KITS SAVE LIVES! I mean, within this element and degree of plotting for the sake of approval and doing something bat-crap-cray-cray most people are going to probably pick you to death over. Believe me, LOL, I would know, lol!

This might be a read, but you don't HAVE to literally read everything, but you can see the progress from my original concept, which literally broke the whole costume club in various ways, lol! Bright colors to more darkened and serious colors, yet, still managing to keep a favorable scheme that I wanted to keep. It is simple and will be easier for me and the app team to approve. Just show you are cooperative, they WILL be able to help you better if you can meet them in the middle. Don't be afraid to stand your ground, though if you really want something that's out of the "Armor" element. They just might be courteous enough to let you alone with that. ;) Just be a good and willing sport, people like that :D

One unique thing about my build is, I will have TWO "head-pieces". I will have a "Creature" head AND a "Helmeted" creature head, with faux ears, neck, etc to make it look like the creature is wearing the helmet, however, it will just be a helmet with a butt-ton of vents for ventilation and fans for the hotter event days.  I really wanted the functionality of a helmet I could remove and put on the creature head WHILE I was wearing it, buuut...that was kind of an insane heat trap that was waiting to knock me on my butt at an event, so I have finally accepted I can have two "Helmet" pieces for this one kit.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=147199.msg1839577#msg1839577

Here is my soft parts build, currently. Slowly, but surely.  Just know, there is nothing wrong with an ambitious build. Just be aware there might be a fight to be had with getting approved and getting what YOU might want for it. If you read, a lot, you can see me picking my battles, though, which hopefully, helps you feel a bit more informed about how the group reacts to something that has never been done before, for approval :)

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=151721.msg1874221#msg1874221

You've got my back, I've got yours, but, scratch my armor, and I'll scratch yours.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2018, 08:49 PM »
The spikes will almost certainly be a safety hazard.  We don't typically approve spikes on kits because it's just too easy to poke and hurt random people at a troop, particularly since you have such a limited field of vision through your bucket.  I really, really, really hate to say "No," but I honestly don't think this concept is going to work, from both an engineering standpoint and a safety standpoint.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!