Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fem Legacy concept questions

• 38 Replies

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Fem Legacy concept questions
« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 2018, 11:07 PM »
The fabric coating would need to go, and they'd  but the bottom could be leather.  The top needs to look like hard armor though.

those raps might be something to do for the bottom part of the gauntlet, but not the shell.  And they look more crusader era than modern as they are in the pics. 

Red Phoenix

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #16 on: Sep 17, 2018, 11:29 PM »
Ohh Alright . Thks Sep !!  ;D

This was an old medieval armor I made , so I can do a gauntlet with fur sticking out , yes ?  :D

No one knows what you have been through or what your pretty little eyes have seen, but I can reassure you ~ whatever you have conquered, it shines through your mind.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #17 on: Sep 17, 2018, 11:32 PM »
it'll be judged case by case, will have to see it a little further along :p but possible, yeah
just don't make the whole kit too medieval, or you'll end up in crossover territory.

Red Phoenix

« Reply #18 on: Sep 17, 2018, 11:42 PM »
Alright , Think it's best I start with the basics 1st , then add misc stuff . Thks so much for your time to help explain to me

No one knows what you have been through or what your pretty little eyes have seen, but I can reassure you ~ whatever you have conquered, it shines through your mind.

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #19 on: Sep 18, 2018, 12:23 AM »
Happy to!    I got a lot of help here building my kit too :)

« Reply #20 on: Sep 18, 2018, 09:16 AM »
it'll be judged case by case, will have to see it a little further along :p but possible, yeah
just don't make the whole kit too medieval, or you'll end up in crossover territory.

Dont want to look like a certain lotr charactor like someone else on the forums did. Lol

Red Phoenix

« Reply #21 on: Sep 18, 2018, 10:38 AM »
Dont want to look like a certain lotr charactor like someone else on the forums did. Lol

Hope it's not a Hobbit  :P

Got it !! YAY !
Just need to seal the gaps

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2018, 06:27 AM by Ahn'vil Burk'yc » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #22 on: Sep 18, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Yup, that should work great! be sure to clean it throughly *surface oils etc*, and then scuff it before you prep for paint.  I'd back the holes with sintra or something like it, then fill with bondo.  If it's too flexible anywhere, you can add strips of sintra to make it more rigid. 

Red Phoenix

« Reply #23 on: Sep 18, 2018, 11:51 AM »
I'm just using paper to try out . Lame ends right above my navel
l
Is this good or shd I go wider ?

Yup, that should work great! be sure to clean it throughly *surface oils etc*, and then scuff it before you prep for paint.  I'd back the holes with sintra or something like it, then fill with bondo.  If it's too flexible anywhere, you can add strips of sintra to make it more rigid.

Yeah, It's kinda flexible but I use heat gun on the sides so it wraps around my body nicely .

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2018, 06:28 AM by Ahn'vil Burk'yc » Logged

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #24 on: Sep 18, 2018, 12:02 PM »
Looks like the right size. When you get a collar on it will help.

Invasions Total: 23 |2019: 4| 2018: 12|2017: 7|Educational Events on Record: 13| Joined 03/2017|Upgrade WIP Here
OG PRE-APP 2016

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #25 on: Sep 18, 2018, 12:47 PM »
Agree with Redraynos, it's definitely wide enough, just need to template out a collar -- remember the collar needs to overlap the top of the chest plate.

Red Phoenix

« Reply #26 on: Sep 18, 2018, 11:21 PM »
Must the collar overlap ?
Or can I place them close together like this ?
Please excuse the face  :D

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #27 on: Sep 18, 2018, 11:38 PM »
They can touch instead of overlap. But there can't be any gap between them where they touch.

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #28 on: Sep 19, 2018, 12:54 AM »
^^^^ yup. It basically wants to look like a solid piece that not even a knife can slide through.

Also thank you again for being an awesome student and willing to learn and apply things. It makes for a wonderful experience helping you and your clan.

Invasions Total: 23 |2019: 4| 2018: 12|2017: 7|Educational Events on Record: 13| Joined 03/2017|Upgrade WIP Here
OG PRE-APP 2016

Red Phoenix

« Reply #29 on: Sep 19, 2018, 01:18 AM »
Thks guys. I'll try and do as close as possible , if it doesn't look right , I can always overlap it. Good to learn something new so I can help the rest if they want to take the legacy route. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!