Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Orland Greene, v1.1.2 WIP

• 46 Replies
Orland Greene, v1.1.2 WIP
« on: Oct 04, 2018, 08:28 PM »
Oya Vode,

It's been a while since i signed up, a lot has changed but my build is firmly under way now! My concept thread can be found here for those of you that are interested. I already regaled everyone with the tedious real life circumstances that halted my build last time around in there so I won't repeat it here. But considering I have actually started building my kit and ordered the parts i need to get it all together I figured I should start making an actual WIP! So, the last time I posted my progress got up to here:

So, as you can tell, compared to the concept that loincloth (which i made from a recycled cape from my old kit) turned out way to big! I underestimated the size a fair bit! So I cut it down to size and sewed on a bit of faux fur trim to cover the fact i cut it down and lost the nice orange trim on the piece. i also thought it was a little wide so I sewed in some shallow folds to give it that nice accentuated animesque fold.

I'll still have to make and attach an armour plate to the loincloth to finish it off, but I don't want to do that until the rest of my plates are in so i can make sure it looks the correct size compared to the ab plate. For now, I'm working on a nice winter cape to add some much needed heat insulation gear to this Cold Climate kit. I also updated my concept with the new Loincloth shape and retooled the colour scheme a little. I figured for cold climates i should tone down the colours a little more towards white rather then the dark grey. I also figured I'd add a nod to my old clone Trooper RP character who'll be going underneath this armour. Having 1 green left eye is now reflected in the jaig eyes on the helmet. Let me know what you all think of this colour scheme vs the old concept guys!

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2018, 12:25 AM by Orland Greene » Logged

Jennari

• "You gave up our ways, remember?"
Re: Orland Greene, v1.1.2 WIP
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Thanks Jennari! I'm hard at work finishing up my soft parts and eagerly waiting for my armour and helmet to ship. In the mean time, I have a quick update on something I have been working on over the weekend! I still need to remove the tag and add more fur lining but I figure I could get the basic idea across. Anyway!

The cloak is designed to be able to be adjusted so it can fit over my armour and has support traps to distribute the load over my backplate and shoulders to avoid it tugging on my plates. Let me know what you guys think!

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2018, 11:21 AM »
So, over the weekend, I finished sowing up the fur trims. I'm still debating on whether or not to line the hem aswell on the cloak. But I did a test fitting of my soft parts so far. I think it works pretty well!

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2018, 11:00 PM »
Hey vod, coming along well so far! The only thing I would recommend is shortening the loincloth and reducing the width as well. Can't wait to see how it goes!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2018, 11:09 PM »
Hey everyone! got some more work done on my kit today, something really exciting happened as the armour set I purchased of another member arrived after I had been eagerly awaiting it all week! So while I have in fact completely redone the loincloth to be shorter, thinner and more square like it looked in the concept, I totally spaced on taking pictures of that progress because I was, obviously, distracted by the crowning piece of every kit finally being in my hands.

I have sanded it all, installed the keyslots and made a lip reinforced with solid pvc strip and bondo putty to both hold the visor and make sure the cheeks don't warp on me. It's already been primed and has the first layer of high gloss white on it. I'm not going to put a whole lot of weathering on this kit, I figure It will scrape up and ding on it's own as I wear it and natural wear will eventually work better then any weathering I can do by myself. I am patient!

So, here is the first look at it, my Buy'ce

Edit:

So i did some more work on the bucket. It's still clearly in the WIP stage but it's coming along!

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2018, 03:29 AM by Orland Greene » Logged

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2018, 10:48 PM »
Who's the helmet maker?  That looks awfully familiar...

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2018, 10:57 PM »
I bought the armour set and helmet second hand from another member here, there was a card for "The Armour Factory" in the box that everything arrived in. Checking their vendor threads in in the supply depot they make a Wren Classic helmet that pretty much matches this, so I assume that's where it's from!

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2018, 11:02 PM »
I've seen their work recently and I'm liking what you have done with it, love the white and orange. Well done sir!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2018, 11:05 PM »
It looks good, vod.   Though I am partial to orange...

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2018, 11:15 PM »
Thanks Vode!

I have been doing some more work on it, fixed the orange overspray on the left cheek, put on the Jaig Eyes and weathered the orange stripes a bit, still have to finish up the ears and back of the helmet and I am waiting for my Antennae pieces to come in from demon dog studios to finish up my concept sketch but I figure progress is progress!

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2018, 05:42 PM »
I like the decal look.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!