Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Some questions about 3D printing armor

• 11 Replies
Some questions about 3D printing armor
« on: Nov 22, 2018, 08:29 AM »
Hello everyone
I am using 3D printing to build my first Mandala armor. Some parts of the picture are not polished and painted, and I will follow up. The bulge of the carapace is prepared for the convenience of mounting the back rocket pack, and there will be a production plan in the future. I want to use my own Mandala color scheme, I don't know if this will affect the review. Also ask you whether such 3D printing armor meets the audit requirements?

In addition, I have some doubts about the costumes. I am considering using military training suits or similar military marine costumes, and then installing the nails on the clothes with Velcro. Boots are also prepared to use outdoor military boots. I don't know if this type of clothing meets the audit requirements. Please help us to look at it first.

2018/12/21 UPDATE
Some simple pre-loading photos, clothes need to be adjusted and modified, the whole should be okay? Please give some advice, thank you

It took a lot of time to print out the rocket backpack, the model is too big to be divided, there are some parts of the details can not be restored, the printing cost of SLA is too high t_t

Next is the polished hell...

« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2018, 08:50 PM by itsguoz » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Some questions about 3D printing armor
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2018, 11:57 AM »
As long as there are no visible 3d printing lines on the final product, and the armor fits against you properly, 3d printed armor is fine.

For the boots, you will need to cover the area where there are laces. The suits look acceptable. If there are hip pockets, they will need to be sewn shut.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2018, 07:05 AM »
As long as there are no visible 3d printing lines on the final product, and the armor fits against you properly, 3d printed armor is fine.

For the boots, you will need to cover the area where there are laces. The suits look acceptable. If there are hip pockets, they will need to be sewn shut.

Thank you very much for your reply! Thank you!
I didn't reply in the first time due to the time difference, sorry. Thanks for your suggestion, I will make some adjustments to the costumes. Also want to ask questions on the belt, I want to use the slingshot bag or canvas bag in the picture below to hang on the waist, their size is 5 inches, do not know if this has strict requirements?

Thank you again for your reply!

Darasuum Prudii

• We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Pouches should be fine. As long as they look like they are in universe. The cloth pouches you will need to fill to give them some life and not look flat. And make sure they are not a camp print of any kind.

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2018, 12:48 PM »
I like the leather option better. The cloth are workable but stay wlaway from the camo ones. And think about modding them a bit, maybe a panel of sintra or something.

« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2018, 11:18 PM »
Pouches should be fine. As long as they look like they are in universe. The cloth pouches you will need to fill to give them some life and not look flat. And make sure they are not a camp print of any kind.

OK!thanks

I like the leather option better. The cloth are workable but stay wlaway from the camo ones. And think about modding them a bit, maybe a panel of sintra or something.

Ok. If I want to choose one of the above pictures, is your recommendation 1 or 2? I personally think that Figure 2 will be better, but I am afraid that it will affect the review. :porg1:

« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2018, 06:09 PM by Havelock » Logged

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2018, 11:54 PM »
Ok. If I want to choose one of the above pictures, is your recommendation 1 or 2? I personally think that Figure 2 will be better, but I am afraid that it will affect the review. :porg1:

2 = the OD Green?  After it's weathered, and if you modify it a bit like I suggest, should be fine.

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2018, 08:54 PM »
2 = the OD Green?  After it's weathered, and if you modify it a bit like I suggest, should be fine.
I mean this leather bag, is it feasible? :porg1:
In addition, I am going to find a belt of the same color, and then find a girdle.

Sep Ho'ban

• Hammersaw
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2018, 01:02 PM »
The leather bag is the one I like :) totally feesiboe. Just weather it to match your kit.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2018, 06:10 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2018, 08:09 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

I am sorry, I will pay attention to it in the future. :porg1:

The leather bag is the one I like :) totally feesiboe. Just weather it to match your kit.

Thank you so much! I will finish my armor as soon as possible, the package of clothing is already on the road, haha :boba:

« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2018, 02:12 PM by Havelock » Logged

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:17 PM »

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

When you're replying to multiple people, reply to them all in the same post.  Posting a reply to someone, then posting a new reply to someone else when no one else has posted is double posting.  Repeated offenses can earn a temporary forum ban and I'd really hate to see that happen.  So instead of posting multiple times, include all your responses and replies in the same post.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!