Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New armour concept

• 6 Replies
New armour concept
« on: Oct 11, 2018, 12:51 AM »
Hi all,

I started a helmet build about a year ago and it fell by the wayside for a bit, but I'm very much back on track with the build and making some good progress now on a kit.

So here's the colour scheme/armour concept I'm looking at:

The helmet inspiration comes from here: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=147791.0
but I don't plan to go all the way with the hammered look. I couldn't go past the shiny copper look from the first pic.

I would like to eventually look at making this particular Mando a force hunter, so the initial design has been done with that in mind. The cloak will be a Jedi style with a hood (a trophy), but beaten up to match the weathering everywhere else. For gauntlets I'm considering doing a Boba-ish left style on both hands- I'd like to see a Jedi parry double flamers.

So that's what I'm working towards, and I'm about to put a build thread up to show the work so far.

Cheers everyone,

Greg

Straka Zulu

• Formerly 'STRAKAZulu'
  • Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: New armour concept
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2018, 09:01 PM »
This is a good concept.  Are you planning on a full cape, or something similar to Boba's half cape?

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

redraynos14

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2018, 11:38 PM »
looks like a solid design so far! keep the concepts coming!

|B.O.M.B. #89|M.A.C.K. #52| Invasions Total: 19| 2017: 12| 2016: 7|Educational Events on Record: 8| Joined 03/2017|Upgrade WIP Here
OG PRE-APP 2016
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2018, 12:07 AM »
This is a good concept.  Are you planning on a full cape, or something similar to Boba's half cape?

I'm planning a full cape with a hood (although the hood won't be worn over the bucket). The idea is that it will look like a Jedi trophy.

Straka Zulu

• Formerly 'STRAKAZulu'
  • Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2018, 06:57 AM »
Cool idea.  Since it's going to be a trophy, do lots of damage, make it look like you earned it.  ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2018, 07:36 AM »
That's the plan :like:

Falke

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2018, 01:36 PM »
I really like your concept. The idea of using an old jedi cloak as a trophy is great!  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!