Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Breyo Fey - MP - WIP

• 66 Replies

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Breyo Fey - MP - WIP
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:31 PM »
You don't necessarily need the white cheeks.

It's a nice way to differentiate yourself from Boba, but not required.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Jan 10, 2019, 07:38 PM »
You don't necessarily need the white cheeks.

It's a nice way to differentiate yourself from Boba, but not required.

Ok.
Good to know..
I'll try it either way and post to get some feedback.

Breyo Fey

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2019, 10:52 PM »
update...
Did a bit of work on the bucket...
Added the grey/white cheeks.

I didn’t think that I would like the look, but I actually like it a lot!
Still contemplating the jaig eyes...
Any thoughts?

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:05 PM »
they look awesome mate... great job. for the eyes go take a look at vassks new bucket he did his in grey and they look the business.

« Reply #29 on: Jan 11, 2019, 11:18 PM »
Nice work mate, looks awesome, nice weathering....got some depth.  I felt the same before I painted mine, surprising how well the colours suit
Not sure about the eyes, I'm on the fence about it myself, I'm thinking more like prepro ears

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2019, 11:23 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2019, 09:31 PM »

I didn’t think that I would like the look, but I actually like it a lot!
Still contemplating the jaig eyes...
Any thoughts?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw yeeeeeeeeeah. That is what I am talking about!!!  :like: :8): :like: :8): :like:

As for the eyes.... like Brett said, I would go with the "Ears". Though I am partial to them as I think that actual pupiled eyes just look way to tacky and not really Star Warzy in my opinion....  no offense Mi'ix loloolol

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Breyo Fey

« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Hey there everyone...
Small update.

Put some details on the gloves...

I also did some custom jaig eyes (thanks Drakaar!) and put them on the bucket to see how they look.

I haven’t done any weathering to them because I want to sit with them on for a bit before I commit. If I do go with the eyes I’ll “knock them back” some t make them look more integrated with the overall design.

As always any feedback is always welcome.

Thanks!

Padm Thano

• #946 || "Pandalorian" || Spectre5
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2019, 03:06 PM »
I like the Eyes, they're a good look and a nice detail (not that you don't already have such nice detail work, but the Eyes are always cool  ;) )

I think your idea of knocking them back is a good one. The positioning looks fantastic on them, and for what it's worth I think they look cool & you should keep them on :)

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2019, 03:18 PM »
This is really coming along quite nicely. I like your take on the ears version of the Jaig eyes especially.

One thing I really hadn't seen clearly up until this point was the gloves. I really like what you have done with them and I think they have served you well from an official member standpoint but to meet the BRL you would need something that is similar to Boba Fett gloves.

What I'm seeing here is more similar to what the first order TK's wear. I think if you could find a different alternative that is just a soft military dress style glove like Fett, that would better fit.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Breyo Fey

« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2019, 09:11 PM »
I like the Eyes, they're a good look and a nice detail (not that you don't already have such nice detail work, but the Eyes are always cool  ;) )

I think your idea of knocking them back is a good one. The positioning looks fantastic on them, and for what it's worth I think they look cool & you should keep them on :)

Thanks for the kind words!
I think I’ll try weathering them and see how that looks...

This is really coming along quite nicely. I like your take on the ears version of the Jaig eyes especially.

One thing I really hadn't seen clearly up until this point was the gloves. I really like what you have done with them and I think they have served you well from an official member standpoint but to meet the BRL you would need something that is similar to Boba Fett gloves.

What I'm seeing here is more similar to what the first order TK's wear. I think if you could find a different alternative that is just a soft military dress style glove like Fett, that would better fit.

I know what you mean about the gloves.
I’ll look into how I can get a pair of gloves closer to Fett...with a bit of my own stuff thrown in.

« Reply #35 on: Jan 26, 2019, 03:38 AM »
I like the eyes being black, looks a bit sinister.

Breyo Fey

« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2019, 01:30 PM »
I like the eyes being black, looks a bit sinister.

Thanks brother.
I think so too..
I don’t want them to stand out too much to distract from the overalll look of the bucket.
I think with the weathering it will “fall into place”.

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2019, 01:29 AM »
Wooooooah!!! Those eyes are huuuuuge  :o but honestly I am really digging it. Certainly holds true to the sinister look but also a unique take on them. Will look great weathered up with everything else

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Breyo Fey

« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Wooooooah!!! Those eyes are huuuuuge  :o but honestly I am really digging it. Certainly holds true to the sinister look but also a unique take on them. Will look great weathered up with everything else

Ha!
yeah after living with them for the past couple of days I would have to agree...
I plan on scaling them back a bit and trying that out...
We'll see how that works.

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #39 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:11 AM »
Love the weathering on your bucket, vod!

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 300 Troops Celebration Anaheim 2022 200 troops 250 Troops 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2019, 01:12 AM »
You're a beast Matt! I love your weathering.

Official Invasions: 265
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan

Arctic Ops WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174054.msg2027502#msg2027502

Post Imperial WIP:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=200180.0

Breyo Fey

« Reply #41 on: Feb 07, 2019, 01:06 PM »
You're a beast Matt! I love your weathering.
Love the weathering on your bucket, vod!

Thanks guys! Means a lot coming from you two. Both of your kits are amazing!
Honestly the painting and weathering is my favorite part of the builds.
Hoping to update with the new Jaig eyes soon...

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #42 on: Feb 07, 2019, 04:11 PM »
Thanks guys! Means a lot coming from you two. Both of your kits are amazing!
Honestly the painting and weathering is my favorite part of the builds.
Hoping to update with the new Jaig eyes soon...

Jaig eyes are best eyes
Something light colored that compliments your kit like orange, yellow, or white would look nice! I have white on mine set up in the Pre-Pro ear position (I blame Fenn for that idea lol)

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #43 on: Feb 10, 2019, 12:27 PM »
Jaig eyes are best eyes
Something light colored that compliments your kit like orange, yellow, or white would look nice! I have white on mine set up in the Pre-Pro ear position (I blame Fenn for that idea lol)

lololol I will take full responsibility for that every. single. time. Such an awesome look and I am super glad you took that advice as it adds to that overall menacing look Mandalorians have without making it feel like you are trying to hard haha As is Breyo, the black jaig eyes look pretty great though maybe a bit large? However, like Jaster said white or red jaig eyes might look pretty sweet too.

Breyo Fey

« Reply #44 on: Sep 11, 2019, 01:19 AM »
Resurrection!

It’s been way too long.
Updates on the way!

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #45 on: Sep 12, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Resurrection!

It’s been way too long.
Updates on the way!

About time!!! lol Looking forward to seeing what you got  :like: :like:

Breyo Fey

« Reply #46 on: Sep 18, 2019, 11:22 PM »
Ok so here we go....

Based on feedback awhile ago here on the boards I made some new gloves that are closer to Boba’s style:

Also updated the boot toe spikes:

I also printed and put together a new EE3 that is scaled correctly.
I put my old hasbro version in the pic for comparison:

I also took a second look at the BRLs and found out that I needed a second trophy so I made some Mando iron hearts (a bounty is a bounty...)  and hung them from my ammo belt:

I also made my Boba “thong” and attached that to my cod and butt/kidney armor.

And with that I think I’ll be ready for app pics!
I’m planning on trying to get them done in a week or two.
I’ll definitely post them up here for review before submission...

As always, critique and comments are welcome.

Thanks for taking a look...

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #47 on: Sep 22, 2019, 05:55 PM »
The size of that new EE-3 looks a ton better  :like: Also, always sad to see those Mando trophies. Why must we prey on ourselves?!?! Or are those to commemorate fallen 'friends'? lol

Mi'ix

« Reply #48 on: Sep 23, 2019, 09:04 AM »
Great update!

Liking the scale of that EE-3 much better!

Maybe weather those hanging belt pouches a little more since your gloves are looking on the dingier side!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Breyo Fey

« Reply #49 on: Sep 24, 2019, 11:44 PM »
Thanks for the comments and taking a look at the updates!
I’ll work on weathering the pouches...
Hoping to take some app pics this Saturday.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!