Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Trainee WIP

• 6 Replies

Amena Nehutyc

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
New Trainee WIP
« on: Oct 29, 2018, 10:55 AM »
My Daughter decided she was jealous of my mando and wanted to come to the dark side!
  :porg1:
We’ve been working hard to get her ready, and have done a lot since these pictures were taken last week. I will post again by this weekend with our progress.

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2018, 11:00 AM by Amena Nehutyc » Logged

Amena Nehutyc

Re: New Trainee WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Update with her design. She wanted hers to look similar to mine, but a little different. We’re both loving the outcome!!! I added shoulders last night and hemmed her vest.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2018, 12:17 PM »
She's looking great :) Awesome work you guys! Look forward to seeing the kit evolve!

Amena Nehutyc

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:27 AM »
Ya, not doing app pics before bedtime again. Getting your teen to stand up straight and TRY to be somewhat normal, is an ungodly task for a human at that hour.

« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2018, 07:46 AM by Amena Nehutyc » Logged

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Love the design! You both are adorable!

DragonLady

• Kad'la Saldha
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2018, 12:23 PM »
That is looking awesome!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
WIP: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=144303.0

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Very nice. And lol, yeah, use bribes :P

Since as a trainee you're going to apply (I'm assuming so), I'll give you what I think needs further work, but you're definitely close.

The collar is nowhere near the neck - I'd say pull all the armour up to eliminate that gap however if that isn't possible due to the chest plate already formed - I'd suggest adding another plate between collar and chest to allow the collar to be pulled up without having to change the chest plate or another smaller panel between the neck and the current collar to fill the gap.
The back plate needs a little more work, mainly on the areas over the shoulder, the tabs are not currently formed to the body.
Gauntlets may be a little on the short side - one potential answer is to add some form of longer comm pad/weaponry system to the top half of the current gauntlet.
Hard to see black on black, but do make sure the vest isn't poking out from beneath the waist items.
And again, probably just black photography (I know the pain my soft parts are black) do make sure the flightsuit is weathered. You've got a pretty clean kit overall so you shouldn't need too much weathering - but there should at least be a gradual fade from splashback while walking up the legs instead of a sharp contrast between boot and trouser.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

WIP's: EC, Twi'lek, Demolitions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!