Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Need an opinion

• 6 Replies
Need an opinion
« on: Nov 02, 2018, 10:47 AM »
Hi,
I started to think of my soft parts and I did stumble over some nice faux leather, my idea is to maybe use it for the flag Vest and Kama,
I am just a bit unsure if it really fits for a Mandalorian, so I would like some opinions :)

https://1885183030.rsc.cdn77.org/big/products/kunstleder_troquet_reglisse_uk118.jpg

B.O.M.B. #101

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Need an opinion
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2018, 12:17 AM »
Looks cool. If it's not too heavy, it could look very interesting as a flak vest.

Given the pattern, I'd almost want to use it as a border for the kama instead of the whole thing.

Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2018, 02:42 AM »
Thx for your response :)
Jeah I thought it might give a very heavy armomored look to it, planed to make a kama with armor plates on top, so the pattern will only be shown partlly.

B.O.M.B. #101

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2018, 05:37 PM »
I typically advise people to stay away from patterns and textures that aren't definitely present on-screen in Star Wars.  But if you're armoring your kama and only a little of that shows, it should be ok.  If you can find some faux (or real) leather that's not patterned, that'd be best.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2018, 02:06 AM »
Thank you Havelock :)

B.O.M.B. #101

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2018, 08:37 AM »
As usual, Havelock has it pretty much exactly right. :)

That aside... I LOVE that material!  You should DEFINITELY get some and at least use it for trim and/or accents.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2018, 07:07 PM »
specking as someone who made a flack vest is would go with duck cloth of canvas the stuff you showed looked vary cool i would use it as lining on something else but NOT a flack vest

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!