Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ge'tal Coat Modification: Pic Heavy

• 0 Replies

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
Ge'tal Coat Modification: Pic Heavy
« on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:56 AM »
Caveat, I am going through a rebuild process and working out different problems with my kit as I look to reapply this next Feb. or so. My kit as it sits is unapproved and you will see things that are not perfect and in the midst of being tweaked and changed. While I may be App Team it doesnt mean I always look 10/10 :)
While I am working on my brigade upgrades you can follow the thought process and the trials and tribulations here : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=144646.0
Long story short, I acquired a slough coat from a friend who decided to hang up his gear and not be a Mando any more.

The details:
it was a slough coat made for a 4XL man about 6'2''  I am a 2XL 5'6'' (on a good day) So it needed some modifications.  mainly bringing in a ton of excess fabric (thank you wife of mine) and some length adjustments (still to be done as of now)

as you can see above, I look more like the "flasher" mando than I do an intimidating war machine.

below is the mock pre app setup I did with a few of the upgrades I am working with and a freshly modified coat.
I am still wearing a backplate under the Coat to help give it the bulky look and satisfy the CRL's where it gives the Illusion of a back-plate being worn.

From the back you can see the coat is billowing slightly and just doesn't look very fit and up to a personal level of quality control. it needs  a cinch put in and that will end up happening down the road, for the time being I am planning to put an equipment belt over it kind of like Mandalore does in hopes of showing off more of the kit instead of hiding it.

after a few days of tinkering, the wife and I manged to get it to fit better and I love the look of the coat overall.
I decided to decorate the back to break up the wall of blue fabric and personalize the coat to my character idea of what I hope to be Shock infantry and the guy charging into battle first. any good leader needs a banner to rally behind and my troops need to know where I am, so enter the Clan Murraan Sigil.

the wife laid out some base lines

we blacked out the background with acrylic paints

I drew on the reek (bubba)  after the wife did the Cog

I painted a base layer of  light grey, ( it was white it lied) and did the cog and the horns of bubba, then covered the cog with a darker grey. After the dark grey added the white background and detail to bubba.

Cleaned up some of the details on the Cog and on bubba

Wife knocked out the top axe head

Here she is helping me get the bottom axe head started and doing an outline while im going in and filling in the empty space with several coats of red paint

finished sigil

light bit of weathering since my airbrush needle had been misplacd and I only had my brushes handy

I have yet to get a fully kitted photo with the coat on to see how some of the mods I have been working on and the weathering of the coat all look together, hopefully that can happen soon.  stay tuned!

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!