Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector **APPROVED**

• 204 Replies

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #165 on: Jul 22, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Love the bright colors!  :o

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 70 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

• We are born to die. We live to be remembered
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #166 on: Jul 22, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Love the bright colors!  :o

All I really did was move around the colors of Boba's pack but replaced the blue with the blue green. Then, to mute the colors, I took steal wool #000 and scrubbed the whole pack down before misting it with some light and dark grey rattle cans. Then, finished it off with a black wash

Jaster Fett

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #167 on: Jul 24, 2019, 01:04 AM »
I finished my EE-3 Blaster. You can check out the WIP here :

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=172178.0

Here is a picture of the finished product:

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #168 on: Jul 24, 2019, 06:19 AM »
My goodness that's beautiful.  :o

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #169 on: Jul 24, 2019, 11:39 AM »
My goodness that's beautiful.  :o

Thank you! The blaster was fun and a lot easier than I had feared all this time lol

Jaster Fett

« Reply #170 on: Jul 25, 2019, 09:09 PM »
Got my jetpack harness hooks mounted to the back of my pack. So far, it looks good
(Featuring a cameo by Buddy the Mando Cat)

All that's left is the flightsuit ;D

Mi'ix

« Reply #171 on: Jul 29, 2019, 09:00 AM »
Looks like a nice and proper harness!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #172 on: Jul 30, 2019, 03:33 AM »
Looks like a nice and proper harness!

It's a training sled harness I modified to mount my pack on. The straps velcro into place

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #173 on: Aug 01, 2019, 12:41 PM »
Good looking jetpack and harness!  Hopefully you have plenty of padding over the top of your shoulders, they get so freaking heavy on long troops (as I'm sure you are aware from your Boba).

Where did you get this training sled harness? I've been looking to upgrade my outdated Man-Of-War harness.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2019
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Jaster Fett

« Reply #174 on: Aug 01, 2019, 01:56 PM »
Good looking jetpack and harness!  Hopefully you have plenty of padding over the top of your shoulders, they get so freaking heavy on long troops (as I'm sure you are aware from your Boba).

Where did you get this training sled harness? I've been looking to upgrade my outdated Man-Of-War harness.

My Protector pack is so light, I can barely feel it

No joke, got the harness off Amazon for like $20 lol

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #175 on: Aug 01, 2019, 05:39 PM »
My Protector pack is so light, I can barely feel it

No joke, got the harness off Amazon for like $20 lol

That's freaking fantastic!  Can you show a few more pics of it, so we can see the mods you did?  Very curious!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2019
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Jaster Fett

« Reply #176 on: Aug 04, 2019, 12:08 AM »
Okay, so here are some images to answer Kol's questions abut my harness

First, let me preface this by saying I have next to ZERO sewing or stitching skills so all of the add ons were applied using E-6000

My harness started out life as a strength and conditioning pulling sled harness that athletes use. This particular model was a loop fasten that I felt was unreliable.

So I cut off the loop buckles and shortened the fastening straps and added velcro to the Straps and chest of the harness.

I then, I glued a pair of nylon webbing straps onto the shoulders staring from the front and working over the shoulders in equal length and added the hooks at the end. For double security, I added rivets to the base and end of the straps as well as the hook loop.

Jaster Fett

« Reply #177 on: Aug 04, 2019, 04:19 PM »

Here are the most current photos of my Protector. I just got my new Fett flightsuit for Arkady and decided to use app-fix photos as an excuse to try it on. I'm still waiting on my flight suit from MOW and my plan is to gut the holster belt of some of the mounted patches and replace them with ammo pouches to get the kit BRL compliant

Jaster Fett

« Reply #178 on: Aug 15, 2019, 02:02 AM »
Final assessment from Regional Pre-App

I need to better center my chest diamond. After that, it's off to Applications. I'm going to be taking those photos tomorrow night.

Mi'ix

« Reply #179 on: Aug 15, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Easy peasy!

You got this!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI 65041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!