Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector **APPROVED**

• 204 Replies

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #25 on: Nov 26, 2018, 11:14 PM »
Nice little addition those patches are!

;)

I thought so. After looking through the Pre-Pro Boba I was curious as to the design on the padding on the gloves and did some research. Once I discovered what they were, I ordered them. I'm planning on getting some ESB gloves from MoW to put them on and I have a friend who can stitch them on

Jaster Fett

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2018, 02:58 AM »
Hey Protectors!

I just started to put the Rustoleum aluminum coat on my plate. I'm going to layer weather them like my gauntlets. I'm going to use the same gold as the second layer I used as the primary color to my old plates since the point is new beginnings but same ol' Jaster. Would like to do the red patterns on the yellow first, mask, then apply the protector green and remove the masking, but I feel like the mix of colors like that could look weird.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Hey Protectors!

I just started to put the Rustoleum aluminum coat on my plate. I'm going to layer weather them like my gauntlets. I'm going to use the same gold as the second layer I used as the primary color to my old plates since the point is new beginnings but same ol' Jaster. Would like to do the red patterns on the yellow first, mask, then apply the protector green and remove the masking, but I feel like the mix of colors like that could look weird.

I wouldn't say that it would look weird (Boba Fett himself has yellow showing from underneath his green paint) just might be a lot of extra work just to show very minimal first kit paint. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

« Reply #28 on: Dec 01, 2018, 03:18 AM »
I wouldn't say that it would look weird (Boba Fett himself has yellow showing from underneath his green paint) just might be a lot of extra work just to show very minimal first kit paint. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out

And that's one of my big concerns is why do all that extra work to add in a miniscule detail? Especially since it's meaning will be lost onto those outside my clan. It's definitely more of a personal meaning

Jaster Fett

« Reply #29 on: Dec 02, 2018, 02:24 AM »
Oya fellow protectors

Looks like I've got my bucket. I'm repurposing this one that was a part of my ex-wife's kit that he didn't want anymore. I went on ahead and primed it and will add the metal layer soon

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Just keep in mind that in order to stay in line with the Protector BRL, only certain colors are allowed on your undercoat.

A layer of yellow, orange, grey, or darker green may be used beneath the primary color
A layer of grey or a primary or secondary color may be used beneath the secondary color.

Looks like what you'll be doing will work, but just FYI.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

« Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Just keep in mind that in order to stay in line with the Protector BRL, only certain colors are allowed on your undercoat.

A layer of yellow, orange, grey, or darker green may be used beneath the primary color
A layer of grey or a primary or secondary color may be used beneath the secondary color.

Looks like what you'll be doing will work, but just FYI.

Thank you for catching me in the priming stage! I have red up on the BRL prior to painting and I think I'm staying in compliance. I'll post what I have when it's done

Jaster Fett

« Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:09 PM »

First layer of color is done along with the visor frame of the bucket

Jaster Fett

« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:08 AM »

Here's what I have for a helmet. What do you all think? Is this BRL compliant? If not, don't worry. I lose nothing on this helmet if it's not.

« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:35 AM »
I'm not sure if it's brl compliant or not , if you want an honest opinion on it....
I'd leave out the yellow under the green....maybe leave the yellow out totally. Too much yellow there, and I don't think the shades work well together.
I'd go a darker red over or under the red on the face, and grey....dark grey....the two reds subtle shades difference, add depth, draw their eye .
for the green I'd go darker and match fetts as close as possible....he's a great starting ....base
Muted colours and subtle
That's probably not want you asked though

Jaster Fett

« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:47 AM »
I'm not sure if it's brl compliant or not , if you want an honest opinion on it....
I'd leave out the yellow under the green....maybe leave the yellow out totally. Too much yellow there, and I don't think the shades work well together.
I'd go a darker red over or under the red on the face, and grey....dark grey....the two reds subtle shades difference, add depth, draw their eye .
for the green I'd go darker and match fetts as close as possible....he's a great starting ....base
Muted colours and subtle
That's probably not want you asked though

I think you make extremely good points that I can jive with. My whole approach was to try to be a little more original and less Boba... BUT since Protectors are direct inspirations of his design, I'm operating in a small box to work with, which I'm okay with. I'm just seeing what I can get away with

« Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:53 AM »
i understand that, I'm trying the same, protectors are awesome variations of boba
Is it the colour or overall kit that you want different, both.

Jaster Fett

« Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:58 AM »
i understand that, I'm trying the same, protectors are awesome variations of boba
Is it the colour or overall kit that you want different, both.

Probably a combination of both

« Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:02 AM »
New kit or repurposing your old one?

Jaster Fett

« Reply #39 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:10 AM »
New kit or repurposing your old one?

Brand new kit. Just want a fresh start as it were

« Reply #40 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:27 AM »
Any particular inspiration? Mythos fett? Pre pro fetts? Holiday special fett?  Jodo kast any inspiration? ( he's awesome by the way)
If wanting originality...look at fenns jetpack or rocket pack, dig into the comics for ideas, change basic style of gauntlets...add small greeblies, electronics. If a holster...what style...gunslinger? If using an ee3....are you using a sling? Is ee3 slung over shoulder and primary weapon some other weapon? Any accessories ....besides your trophies...stun collars? Grenades? Anything else? Anything from jango open seasons that can apply to a protector....their colours?
Capes? Poncho? 

Jaster Fett

« Reply #41 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:36 AM »
Any particular inspiration? Mythos fett? Pre pro fetts? Holiday special fett?  Jodo kast any inspiration? ( he's awesome by the way)
If wanting originality...look at fenns jetpack or rocket pack, dig into the comics for ideas, change basic style of gauntlets...add small greeblies, electronics. If a holster...what style...gunslinger? If using an ee3....are you using a sling? Is ee3 slung over shoulder and primary weapon some other weapon? Any accessories ....besides your trophies...stun collars? Grenades? Anything else? Anything from jango open seasons that can apply to a protector....their colours?
Capes? Poncho?

Boba is my primary inspiration. I'm currently building a Boba Fett kit for the 501st. My gauntlets are basically already done, they're orange. The knee plates are going to be red like my visor frame. I'm incorporating a Kama that's going to match the cape (cape is going to be brown btw) planning on adding a few buttons, dials and switches to my gauntlets. Thinking of using an arena jetpack instead of the Z-6 that Boba wears. ESB Boba gloves with the military patches like the Pre-Pro version of Boba. I'm going to have an EE-3 (ROTJ style since my Boba is an ROTJ kit). Side arm will be an ANH DL-44 and my trophies will be a damaged lightsaber, wookie braids, Death Watch Chest diamond, and a Trandoshian claw. The helmet is going to have gold jaig eyes and gold kill stripes

« Reply #42 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:41 AM »
Sounds pretty cool, different enough from boba

Jaster Fett

« Reply #43 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:53 AM »
Sounds pretty cool, different enough from boba

Cool. I'm going for similar, yet different

« Reply #44 on: Dec 03, 2018, 02:06 AM »
Cool, sounds like a good plan

Jaster Fett

« Reply #45 on: Dec 03, 2018, 02:41 AM »

Here's a quick little concept

I love the white cheeks so I'm sticking with that. Going to go with the Boba green for the dome and sticking to grey as a weathering color like with Fetts. Key slot plate will be yellow along with the rear caps and the gaunts can be dark turquoise like Boba's from ROTJ (Allowed?)
I want to do the same for the back but I think it's against BRLs, if so, I'll probably paint it too match the green on my armor which will be a little darker than my helmet

« Reply #46 on: Dec 03, 2018, 03:24 AM »
That looks good

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #47 on: Dec 03, 2018, 05:04 AM »
^^ agreed^^ love the white jaing eyes.

Jaster Fett

« Reply #48 on: Dec 03, 2018, 05:11 AM »
^^ agreed^^ love the white jaing eyes.

Thanks vode

I'm ordering a pair of rubies Boba helmets Thursday. That's when I'll get started on my Protector helmet as well

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #49 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:48 AM »
I would go a different route with the blue gauntlets. Blue, while permitted should be used sparingly as a tertiary color, like how Fenn used it on his gauntlet weapons.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!