Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector **APPROVED**

• 204 Replies

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #50 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:03 PM »
I would go a different route with the blue gauntlets. Blue, while permitted should be used sparingly as a tertiary color, like how Fenn used it on his gauntlet weapons.

I'm not using blue gauntlets. My gauntlets for this kit are orange

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #51 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:35 PM »

and the gaunts can be dark turquoise like Boba's from ROTJ (Allowed?)

My apologies. I read the above and thought that's what you were doing.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #52 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:24 PM »
My apologies. I read the above and thought that's what you were doing.

It's okay :)
So does your assessment stand for the helmet as well as far as the use of the dark turquoise is concerned?

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #53 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:31 PM »

Here's a quick little concept

Digging the concept. In terms of protectors, white cheeks are the way to go. One easy way to stand apart from having s way to Fett looking kit. For the jaig eyes, I personally would suggest shying away from the ones the Clone Troopers put on their buckets. Protectors are their own unique entity and I thing using those detracts from how special the protectors are to the star wars mythos. If you like that style, I would go with the basic jaig "ears" seen on the pre-pto Fett bucket and mythos Boba Fett helmet for sure.

As for the turquoise on the back, I think that might be approvable as that looks like the same color as the mandibles on the EITJ Fett bucket

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

« Reply #54 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:44 PM »
Digging the concept. In terms of protectors, white cheeks are the way to go. One easy way to stand apart from having s way to Fett looking kit. For the jaig eyes, I personally would suggest shying away from the ones the Clone Troopers put on their buckets. Protectors are their own unique entity and I thing using those detracts from how special the protectors are to the star wars mythos. If you like that style, I would go with the basic jaig "ears" seen on the pre-pto Fett bucket and mythos Boba Fett helmet for sure.

As for the turquoise on the back, I think that might be approvable as that looks like the same color as the mandibles on the EITJ Fett bucket

I suppose that's a fair assessment as far as the jaig eyes are concerned. I really love the TCW version of the eyes. I do like Boba's from his very early pre pro build but there's already a few protectors here that are utilizing them. Perhaps I will go with the ears. Not really sure at this point, but at least I have something for a helmet

Jaster Fett

« Reply #55 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:47 PM »
Also

I finished basic weathering for my plates. I'm going to touch up the shoulders with more silver weathering and add some five scratches to the torso plates, black wash all the plates and add a dullcote to remove some of that sheen

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #56 on: Dec 03, 2018, 01:57 PM »

Armor paint job is looking pretty good. On the jaig eye note, the jaig eyes you posted on the concept picture were based off of the Pre-Pro Fett "ears". I only suggest removing the middle triangle bits and then shift them farther up the helmet. No other approved protector has done that yet and the white will really pop  :like: Where my white jaig eye vode at!?!?

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

« Reply #57 on: Dec 03, 2018, 03:56 PM »
Armor paint job is looking pretty good. On the jaig eye note, the jaig eyes you posted on the concept picture were based off of the Pre-Pro Fett "ears". I only suggest removing the middle triangle bits and then shift them farther up the helmet. No other approved protector has done that yet and the white will really pop  :like: Where my white jaig eye vode at!?!?

Prefect! I'll go that route then. I'm ordering my helmet next week so I'm excited to get that started

Jaster Fett

« Reply #58 on: Dec 06, 2018, 03:57 AM »
I've updated my inventory

Rubie's Boba Fett Helmet has been ordered along with the appropriate rangefinder

Gloves ordered through MOW

Helmet
* modified 3 piece (Target) Rubies Boba helmet with the dent filled in, Opaque T-Visor installation l, and extended RF stock
Helmet and range finder have been ordered.
Chest plates
*custom plates made from 6mm sintra using Boba style plates - - painted, black wash needed. Awaiting Clan emblem decal to put on right breast plate
Cod/kidney plate
Cod will be bought from IOA, kidney will be made
Back plate
*Attempt to make but will most likely buy from. IOA
Knee plates
*Kit, buying from IOA
Gauntlets
*Painted. Currently adding greeblies

Soft pieces
Flak vest
*purchased and awaiting arrival (from Kripton Top)
Flight suit
*In possession (ROTJ Boba from Arkady Designs)
Neck seal
*In possession (From Arkady Designs)
Shoulder cape(s)
*Currently looking for artist to accept commissions
Kama
*Currently looking for artist to accept commissions
Boots
*In possession (from MOW)
Boot spats
*In possession (ROTJ Boba style from Arkady Designs)
Gloves
*ESB Gloves ordered Army 7th Infantry Division and FORSCOM patches to stitch into them
Girth belt
*in possession - custom made
Ammo belt
*in possession from Dha Bral
Hip Pouches
*In possession from Arkady Designs

Equipment
Side arm w/holster
*side arm acquired (3d printed ANH DL-44)
*Looking into holsters
EE-3 (ROTJ)
*Looking into either a scratch build, kit, or artist commission
Jetpack
*Looking into either a Boba or Jango pack from either MOW or NME (Most likely MOW)
Shin tools
*In possession - resin cast pieces by MOW
Wookie braides
*In possession - by Fashwiing (OM)
Damaged Lightsaber
*In possession - custom made with crystal made by Jakespear Props
Death Watch Chest Diamond
*will make using 6mm sintra - - chest diamond cut and primed

Jaster Fett

« Reply #59 on: Dec 10, 2018, 12:30 AM »
My Protector bucket is almost done. I need to clean it up a little, add some very minor weathering, finish the ear caps and then apply a dullcote to eliminate the shine.
The rangefinder should be here later in the week, I'll add a mesh in the back behind the coin slots and then it'll be finished.

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #60 on: Dec 10, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Very well done. 

Love the color of the upper cheeks.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #61 on: Dec 10, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Very well done. 

Love the color of the upper cheeks.

I agree. Well done!!! When will you be adding the jaig eyes?!  :like:

Jaster Fett

« Reply #62 on: Dec 10, 2018, 07:29 PM »
I agree. Well done!!! When will you be adding the jaig eyes?!  :like:

Ordered on Thursday. They should be here soon

Jaster Fett

« Reply #63 on: Dec 11, 2018, 12:34 AM »

Dullcote all my hard pieces including my helmet

Jaster Fett

« Reply #64 on: Dec 13, 2018, 01:21 PM »
I got my jaig eyes in last night and applied them to the dome of my bucket. I took Fenn Beviin's advice and positioned them to be ears like what the Boba Pre-Pro 1 had

I also took the liberty of dusting the helmet and my plates with a dark grey spray paint to black wash

Mi'ix

« Reply #65 on: Dec 13, 2018, 02:01 PM »
That would be the ears version of the PP1.

Looking really good!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

« Reply #66 on: Dec 13, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Nice work

Jaster Fett

« Reply #67 on: Dec 13, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Thank you, everyone! All I have to do is put a mesh in the back of the helmet, a visor, and padding and I can cross off my helmet. I'm going to attempt to make the back plate and cod piece, but the knees will definitely need to be bought. Going to look into making my own cape and kama

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #68 on: Dec 13, 2018, 10:48 PM »
I got my jaig eyes in last night and applied them to the dome of my bucket. I took Fenn Beviin's advice and positioned them to be ears like what the Boba Pre-Pro 1 had

Yeah you diiiiiid!!!!  ;)  :like: ;) :like: ;)

I know I already told you this buuut looking awesome ha

Jaster Fett

« Reply #69 on: Dec 14, 2018, 06:19 AM »

Yeah you diiiiiid!!!!  ;)  :like: ;) :like: ;)

I know I already told you this buuut looking awesome ha

Doesn't mean I get tired of hearing it :P LOL

Jaster Fett

« Reply #70 on: Dec 16, 2018, 05:15 AM »

Just got my Mow ESB gloves in. Going to get these patches stitches on the pads soon

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2018, 05:29 AM by Jaster Fett » Logged

Jaster Fett

« Reply #71 on: Jan 07, 2019, 06:35 PM »
Oya everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! Mine was more than eventful, moving across town to a new apartment plus finishing up my Boba kit but I've got a major update! Got my flak vest, cod/kidney plates and my knee plates, as well as a works voice amplifier for all my helmeted costumes. Going to fill in all the Boba damage and paint next week!

Mi'ix

« Reply #72 on: Jan 07, 2019, 06:36 PM »
Awesome!

Who is the maker of the armor?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #73 on: Jan 07, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Awesome!

Who is the maker of the armor?

Kripton Tops

He's one of our 501st member from Bolivia.
He does good work but becauseof his international shipping, it takes A LONG time to get to you

For armor, would still highly recommend getting RKD plates from. Imperial Outpost Armory at FAC (Far Away Creations)
They have undented/undamaged Boba style Mando plates available

Jaster Fett

« Reply #74 on: Jan 18, 2019, 05:58 PM »
I've ordered my back plate. Decided I don't want to deal with the headache of trying to cut and shape my own. A friend of mine has offered to make my shoulder cape and kama

I ordered an EE-3 about 3 weeks ago. Should be here by mid February. After that, the only other major piece I'll need is my jetpack and then it's just a matter of assembling we withing.

Time table is still set for May/June completion and approval date

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!