Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sleeverob's V2 Droid Hunter

• 21 Replies
Sleeverob's V2 Droid Hunter
« on: Nov 23, 2018, 12:19 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I've decide to take my Mando in a different direction and thought I would post here so there would be no surprises and I can get some expert feedback along the way. I wanted to build something that would be the level of a Brigade Classification. Since I am in close contact with my local Clan and wanted to something unusual and fun. I have decided on specializing my Mando to be a Droid Hunter. Since I like to be thorough and don't want to have to mod my kit later, I am going to add the bits I need now. I am friends with several droid builders, so I will be able to get some cool stuff to add to my gear. My impression and what I want to show as a Droid Hunter, is that I am a scavenger of technology and droid trinkets, that I add to my own armor to improve it.

So the required components I have selected to go with my Droid Hunter are as follows:
Ion Blaster
Knife
Droid Trophies - Droid Fingers, plating, eye
Locating equipment - Scanners, antennae, helm sensors, droid callers.
EMP granades

Optional components:
Trauma Plates
Jet Pack

For the Ion blaster, I want to use this in addition to my two pistols, that will be holstered on either hip. I am going to use a Jawa blaster as a base and add some extra parts and a different paint job so that it doesn't just look like a Jawa blaster. Here is the base model of what I will be using once I get my hands on it:

Next is the knife. I am thinking about ordering this knife. It would share a duel purpose, one able to be electrified for close quarter battles with droids, two flat enough edge to be able to pry open droid access panels.

For the droid trophies, I have a few ideas. My first idea would to make a necklace out of battle droid fingers. Any number between 4 and 6. It would have to be an even number because the battle droids only have 2 large fingers. I may get them 3D printed from someone as the file exists on thingaverse, I just don't need the whole hand. Ideally, I'd like to string the necklace with wire through the knuckle joints. 

For the other parts, like the plating, I'd like to add some plating pieces to my armor, rivet them, so make it look like I cut some reinforced armor from droids and added it to my own for additional reinforcement. The droid eye, I haven't decided yet. It could be another necklace piece or perhaps mounted on my armor or even helmet. Are mounting "Droid Trophies" allowed, or do they need to be hanging off of me like jewelry?

Locating equipment. I am going to be adding pads and sensors to my forearms, and antennae and sensors my helmet. I have many pieces I can add and will take pictures later when I collect them all.

Here is a picture of the Droid caller I am going to be using.

Here is a concept of a rebel droid caller. I am debating if I need more than one style of droid caller or if one caller is enough.

Here are my antennae. I am debating as to mounting them one on each side, two on one side, or just one. As I said above I planning on adding sensors to my helmet as well.

Here is a small chest panel where two grenades are attached. These will be my EMP grenades, unless these are not enough?

Lastly, just an idea that has been rolling around in my brain. Since my Droid Hunter is a scavenger and always looking to improve his armor. I was thinking of my left arm using Storm Trooper armor. I picture my character in close quarters fending/shielding off droid blades and claws with my more armored arm, (that I salvaged off a killed Storm Trooper), while stabbing the droid with the electro knife. The stormtrooper armor would be repainted, and the forearm would have mounted  scanning equipment on the inner side of the forearm. I would keep my own glove though.

Thanks all for reading this thread. Expects and those in charge of approving please chime in on anything you read here so far, especially the stormtrooper and and any details of the Droid Hunter I misunderstood.

I will be adding more items later!

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Sleeverob's V2 Droid Hunter
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2018, 12:51 PM »
What you have sounds good for getting your kit approved at the official member level. I would not add any more storm trooper parts to the kit than the left arm, or it will start to be an in universe crossover. 

I can't comment in the brigade specific questions. They will need to be addressed by the brigades team.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2018, 12:59 PM »
What you have sounds good for getting your kit approved at the official member level. I would not add any more storm trooper parts to the kit than the left arm, or it will start to be an in universe crossover. 

I can't comment in the brigade specific questions. They will need to be addressed by the brigades team.

If I even do stormtrooper parts, at all, it would just be the left arm.

I am hoping someone from the Brigades will find this thread.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2018, 01:33 PM by Sleeverob » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2018, 02:02 PM »
The Brigades Team doesn't typically comment on WiPs outside the Brigades area of the forum, since to apply for the Brigade, one must be an OM.  Your best bet would be to Pm a member of the Brigade Team.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2018, 04:53 PM »
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan in place. 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2018, 08:42 PM »
The Brigades Team doesn't typically comment on WiPs outside the Brigades area of the forum, since to apply for the Brigade, one must be an OM.  Your best bet would be to Pm a member of the Brigade Team.

Awesome, thanks. Where can I get that info. Been looking up and down the forum and the Brigade link just takes me to the general brigade page.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2018, 09:51 PM »
Check out the Staff page.  Scroll down toward the bottom and you'll see a list of the various Brigade Marshalls and Brigade Captains.  If you were looking for the actual Brigade Requirement Lists, you need to be an Official Member, an Auxiliary Member, or a Supporter to view them.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2018, 11:36 PM »
Use to be that if you make a donation $5.oo if i remember right the b.r.l.s become accessible

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2018, 12:31 PM »
As prior stated.
It's best to become Om before aiming for brigades.
Nothing wrong with being prepared, but it's also why the proffessions are not available to see prior to clearance without  donation to the cause. :like:
I'll keep an eye as you progress as I've now commented,  but you should build for clearance and then another wip In vanguard shock infantry for your droid hunter build. ;)
Look forward to seeing your progress and eventually in brigades to finish your vision  ;D

« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2018, 04:47 PM »
I have collected some more Locating equipment and Droid throphies.

jett drexel

« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2018, 04:53 PM »
Niiiice.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2018, 01:03 PM »
My new lid.

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2018, 03:26 AM »
Nice!  Who was the maker?

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2018, 08:03 AM »

« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2018, 10:51 AM »
Big brown box day.

jett drexel

« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2018, 12:01 PM »
Where did you get your armour?

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2018, 12:39 PM »
That is Shubi armor.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Straka Zulu

« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2018, 03:34 PM »
Hoo boy... That's going to be a project... :o

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2018, 07:47 PM »
That is Shubi armor.

Someone didn't look to see if a banned maker before purchasing  :'(
Important Announcement: The Ban of galacticrebelforces/Schubiwon/Shubiwan armour

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2018, 04:26 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #19 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:04 PM »
Someone didn't look to see if a banned maker before purchasing  :'(
Important Announcement: The Ban of galacticrebelforces/Schubiwon/Shubiwan armour

It would be great if a photo would be posted in this thread.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2018, 04:26 AM »
It would be great if a photo would be posted in this thread.

I stand corrected, mistaken, in error, I misread what you said Erio

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #21 on: Dec 30, 2018, 03:00 AM »
How do you stand on your soft parts so far? I strongly recommend getting those knocked out before moving on to the armor anyways.

the armor plates you have will require some modifications and shaping to fit your sizing but they should be workable. Get with your local clan ASAP and get an AP planned out so you can get the in person help you may need to get those sorted :)
best of luck!

|Joined 03/2017| Troop Total: 50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!