Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Arch's WiP Armor Build

• 26 Replies
Re: Arch's WiP Armor Build
« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2018, 12:35 PM »
You'll want to smooth out the edges with more heat, there's some waviness going on there, but you're certainly on the right track! Also, the shins actually go the other way; seems counter-intuitive, and I don't think it's actually a CRL issue, but if you take a look at Jango the notched side is on the outside rather than in D:. Great work so far though!

Thanks for all the great advice, Vod Slade! I'm planning on smoothing my edges this weekend with sand paper. We heatformed everything to my body, so it ended up being
a bit warped and curvy since I'm a..."cuddly " body type.

I guess my question is...should the armor plates me more form fitted to me? Or should they be shaped in a standard format?

And thanks for the tip on the shins...luckily I haven't formed them yet!

~Arch

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Arch's WiP Armor Build
« Reply #26 on: Nov 26, 2018, 05:49 PM »
It can be tricky, but you want the plates to be shaped to you, while retaining as much of a standard look as possible.  The trick with that generally winds up being when you're placing them on your vest; make sure all the plate edges sit flush with your flak vest (or flight suit with thighs, knees, and shins).  The shaping of your plates look like they mainly need a little tweaking - you should absolutely not need any major re-shaping.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!