Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Skotah Takrey armor concept

• 3 Replies
Skotah Takrey armor concept
« on: Jul 08, 2019, 07:58 PM »
Gauntlets have yet to be fully developed, along with weapons. Speaking of which...weapons are a glaive or some other type of long, heavy weapon and a bes'bev, as well as any smaller items I add along the way. One major question: given a solid back plate and kama, does this qualify as heavy armor? I'm somewhat unclear on whether the kama must be armored as well.

You may notice the plates are different colors from side to side...I'm pretty much settled on the darker brown instead of the reddish brown at this point, but am leaving it there just in case. Thanks for reading!

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Skotah Takrey armor concept
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2019, 11:37 PM »
Hi
I like your concept, looks very solid. and the combination of colors look good for me.
I will be attentive to your advances  :like:

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2019, 03:04 AM »
The backplate and kama do not automatically bump you into the heavy class. But based off of your concept, it appears that you have shin, thigh, bicep, side plates on your torso, and even kneck armor. Am I correct or is some of that just additional texture on the flightsuit? Thise additional armor pieces alone classify you as heavy.

It would be up to you if you would like to armor your kama. It certainly would add more armor and definitely assure that you'd fall into the heavy classification. I hope that helps!

Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar'gam||Privateer Brigade WIP ||Protector

MMCC #1484¦¦41 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan 
B.O.M.B. #16 ¦ B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¦ M.A.R.S. #21
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2019, 07:17 AM »
I have neck, side, double shoulder, bicep, thigh, shin, and boot armor, in addition to the standard required plates. The line about "Kama or fully enclosed thigh and butt armor" was my one concern, I read through the whole thread about armor classification and saw some people saying that just a regular cloth kama wasn't enough. I probably will add plates to the kama just for safety's sake. Thank you both for the advice/encouragement!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!