Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Armor concept... yea... (returning soon ;) )

• 60 Replies

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Mandalorian Armor concept... yea...
« Reply #25 on: Dec 22, 2018, 11:53 PM »
As far as I am aware, the only working lightsaber a mando could use would be the dark saber, and that's just for canon characters who have used it. You can have saber trophies, but they have to be damaged beyond use.

Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186
Q.M.U. #92 <-Hey, it rhymes!
House Nelvaan Armored Squirrel #10

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #26 on: Dec 22, 2018, 11:55 PM »
functional light sabers are a strict c.r.l. no no. regardless of backstory.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Dec 23, 2018, 02:40 AM »
Unfortunately, lightsabers are not allowed.   Doesn't mean you can't have one for when you're having fun, but at a proper troop... Leave it at home.  I have two, myself, but I really only have used them for either a parade or to take my son out trick or treat-ing.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Mark - Zexal

• been building the same kit since 2016
« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2018, 11:51 PM »
ah i see. still i would love to have a saber so i will change the backstory and just make it a trophy. currently im working on getting a mechanics coveralls so i can lay the templates on a more accurate piece of clothing for my costume and then i can go buy the sintra and begin the construction of my armor. also i am very thankfull for the comments and reply's as i am very new to costuming and this will be my first ever build. my profile says ive been building this since 2016 because thats when i found the MMCC and i fell in love because i love the mandalorians and jango fett was my favorite. so thanks for the help and i will look into, possibly, getting another saberforge lightsaber for me to use as a trophy.

EDIT!

i made some changes to the original helmet design and wanted to know your opinions on it.

Original:

New Version

i was also able to find a gray premier paint but was unable to find a tan so i will buy the Rust-Oleum tan and test to see if it acts weird with the premier paint.

« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2018, 06:04 PM by Zexal Renow » Logged
My name : Zéxal Thau'ren
Pronunciation : Zek-Sal Th-ow-ren

Mega

• Megand Cardigan
« Reply #29 on: Dec 25, 2018, 10:42 PM »
To me the helmet looks like an Eagle.

Mark - Zexal

« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2018, 01:27 AM »
i was going for mix of classic boba fett design with a bit of that dip down that Sabine Wrens helmet had.

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2018, 03:53 PM »
I like it, it's different.

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2018, 07:03 PM »
I think that design will be cool if you can pull it off. But no doubt, with as fine a details as those are, that'll be a tough job.

Mark - Zexal

UPDATE!
I have my helmet purchased and on the way! currently i am looking into the plastic for my armor and i am also working on applying for a job so i can actually pay to get this suit done...

anyways; i have recently been thinking about stuff i could have different on my armor and i was wonder if its common to have different designed armor parts on my kit? like say my kits Red and Grey and i have a Blue and Green gauntlet from another mando my character killed or was friends with? i'm asking because i wanted to put a shoulder piece with a different design on my armor and in staid of the Blue, Tan and Grey it work be Red, Black and Grey. i know boba fetts armor is pretty much just a mix of stuff he got from other mandos but im also not sure if there are any CRLs about color schemes and i dont want to make something i will regret. also does anyone know of any creatures from star wars i could make some sort of trophy out of to put on my belt or even on my helmet?

thanks and i will have another update ASAP!

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Having asymmetrical shoulders, gauntlets, knees, shins,  is no problem. 

Having different colored bits of gear on your kit is totally approvable -- weathering still needs to be consistent.  The only real rules about color schemes are -- don't use earthy patterns, or off the shelf camo patterns, and don't make it look like your sponsored by a specific company or sports team. 

As far as creature trophies, stay away from humanoid body parts and bones to avoid bumping up against the family friendly/gore clause (Mouse is watching). But there are people with wookie fur braids (Boba even), animal claws, etc.

What helmet did you order? 

Mark - Zexal

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2019, 02:02 AM »
I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

on my armor i plan on adding several small things to it like i plan to add some chest diamond trophies as well as some other things my mando could use. One of those things happens to be a lightsaber. This lightsaber would be a working one not a trophy, it would also have a great amount of symbols and weathering on it sorta like its been passed down through the years. I was wondering what the current opinion of having lightsabers as weapons for mandalorians is? Can i have them? Are they banned? Do i need to be in a certain brigade to have one? the story behind the lightsaber i would use is basically it is the lightsaber of like my characters great(x30) grandfather or something like that. this grandfather killed a sith and took the lightsaber and then had a jedi purge the dark side from it making it a white lightsaber. then it just got passed down through the years. if someone could tell me if this is allowed or not that would be great!

Lightsabers are like others said a no no as Per the CRLs. But the are no allowed to be working, it could only be on your kit as a none-working trophy. I have one on my kit that is just that and I was approved through the app process with it as is on my kit. It is never taken off or played with during a troop though. Its merely to let other scum Jedi know I'm not to be messed with!  :P

Mark - Zexal

as far as the lightsaber goes i may not even add it because it isnt really practical to have if its just their to sit on my belt and scare people.

in other news i still dont have a job so it may take me a bit to get the parts for my armor

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Best advice I was given early on in my own build is to treat your kit like a marathon.  A steady pace will win out in the end.  So, don't worry about your build if you need to focus elsewhere, we'll be there when you're ready to get this going.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Mark - Zexal

Thanks for the advise! i am working at a slow pace and right now my little marathon is at a full stop because canada hates me and wants to do winter so i cant spray paint or work on my gun...

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
I'm in the same place with my kit! It's just to cold.

Ko'rizna Falco

• Weapons are a part of my religion
We should all move to Florida and submit a petition to rename the state Mandalore lol

Mark - Zexal

more like move to Arizona and then rename it "not canada"

Ko'rizna Falco

• Weapons are a part of my religion
Haha fair enough, anywhere but the North. I'm technically in Ohio not Canada but the weather stinks all the same

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
Hello,
Cool concepts on your design.  You might consider that the suit color will greatly effect how the armor stands out or blends in.  In reading your post I did not see much in the way of  soft parts planning.   I would just suggest you hang that cool art on an equally cool canvas.  Good belts and girths, good boots and suit.  You seem so good at the computer model, maybe you could add some base color behind them to give you an idea of what suit color works best for the idea in your head.  Just a thought.  Interested to watch it come together.  Good Luck.  :like:

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
Have you decided on a flight suit color yet? I might consider a darker color, since you have a lot of light-colored patterning on your armor. A darker color would help the patterns pop and keep the focus on your armor. If you want to go with a tan/khaki, consider choosing a nice neutral color for a similar reason. :cookie:

I love the concept, also! Those colors are really lovely together. I think this kit's really going to stand out when it comes together, can't wait to see it completed!  :D

Straka Zulu

Did a quick re-read of this, and noticed that no one answered your question about scrubs.

Scrubs are the clothes most medical professionals wear.  They can be altered for us to use as flightsuits.

Mark - Zexal

I GOT THE HELMET!!!

I am so happy now and i can work on it!

Weapon images coming soon but for now im going to be furiously sanding this down and making it look pretty. This is if canada decides to be warm some time soon...

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Wow vod! I am truly loving the design!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!