Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Armor concept... yea... (Pausing work for a bit)

• 59 Replies

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
Hello,
Cool concepts on your design.  You might consider that the suit color will greatly effect how the armor stands out or blends in.  In reading your post I did not see much in the way of  soft parts planning.   I would just suggest you hang that cool art on an equally cool canvas.  Good belts and girths, good boots and suit.  You seem so good at the computer model, maybe you could add some base color behind them to give you an idea of what suit color works best for the idea in your head.  Just a thought.  Interested to watch it come together.  Good Luck.  :like:

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
Have you decided on a flight suit color yet? I might consider a darker color, since you have a lot of light-colored patterning on your armor. A darker color would help the patterns pop and keep the focus on your armor. If you want to go with a tan/khaki, consider choosing a nice neutral color for a similar reason. :cookie:

I love the concept, also! Those colors are really lovely together. I think this kit's really going to stand out when it comes together, can't wait to see it completed!  :D

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Did a quick re-read of this, and noticed that no one answered your question about scrubs.

Scrubs are the clothes most medical professionals wear.  They can be altered for us to use as flightsuits.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Zexal Renow

• been building the same kit since 2016
I GOT THE HELMET!!!

I am so happy now and i can work on it!

Weapon images coming soon but for now im going to be furiously sanding this down and making it look pretty. This is if canada decides to be warm some time soon...

Written by - Zxal Renow

Den Barren

• Meg cuyir ogir at akaanir a te akaan Tio'r.
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
Wow vod! I am truly loving the design!

"Tion ke'gyce ner kad al'ijaat?"~What guides my sword if not honor?

Backstory
WIP Links
YouTube Mando Armor Tutorial Channel

Zexal Renow

sorry for the long wait and the lack of me posting stuff... high school got in the way of costuming. now that i got a long weekend though i thought i would take the time to ask you people about my helmet!

so for my helmet i have this crease time along the middle of the helmet (i assume from the casting process) i was wondering if i can use a dremel to sand this or if i should use some sand paper? also is there anything i should know before i cut out the visor? i was gonna leave a bit of the visor uncut for the painting process just incase it get too structurally unsafe but i would like to get some feedback before i go and start Chopping away at this helmet.

if you can give me any advice i would love to hear it!

thank!

Written by - Zxal Renow

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
You could use the Dremel,  just be careful not to stay too long in one spot.  Personally, I would do it by hand.

As for leaving a section of the visor intact while you paint, that isn't a bad idea.  Depending on where you cut, you could leave it as a support even after you install the visor.  I wish I had done that with my Nite Owl.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Zexal Renow

QUICK UPDATE!

I was able to cut the visor out and will be posting images of the cleaned up helmet soon, sorry for not posting i got caught up in some other stuff and had no time to update this thread. in other news i'm working on cutting my armor out of cardboard so i can get an idea of how it will look. i also wanted to update the helmet design for the new one which doesn't include the little part in the visor that juts down. i had to remove it because it had cracked and i couldn't fix it. so yeah you will be seeing about 2 or 3 new images as soon as i update this post.

I also wanted an opinion on my armor having a assortment of pistols and light blasters and no real rifle/long range blaster. my mando would be more melee or close quarters combat themed. let me know what you think

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT AND HERE ARE THE IMAGES

Written by - Zxal Renow
That is a beautiful paint concept.  I know it will be time-consuming, but It would be lovely to see it work!

No cheers, no warcry.
The best way to take out a mark is to not let it know you're coming!
Long-Process Concept WIP http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=169143.0

Zexal Renow

Yeah the big pain right now is getting the paint colors so be just right.

***premier doesnt have that shade of khaki/tan***

Written by - Zxal Renow

Kad Tracyn

• Traat'aliit gar besbe'trayc
Looking good!  :like:
Keep in mind that if you find colors a little lighter than you want, you can always darkwash your bucket after you paint it and get it closer to the color you want, and weather it at the same time!  :jango:

"Traat'aliit gar besbe'trayc"

--The squad is your weapon.
See if you can find this to use for your tan primer.  I'm a miniatures painter too and prime tons of minis with the stuff.

Druj Jes - M.M.C.C. #2302 - B.O.M.B. #105
I love that Krylon paint, I got the darker tan was too Dark but I will be getting the lighter color for my kit, I'm doing tan black and red.

Zexal Renow

Update

Due to budgets and lack of resources I will halt work on my armor till I have both money and resources to continue.

I AM NOT DONE WITH THIS BUILD

I am just stopping it for a while till I can get the materials to give worthwhile updates.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the planning and ideas for the build. I will be forever grateful for your help.

Thanks to you all, see you in the future.

Bye!

Written by - Zxal Renow

Straka Zulu

Real life always comes before costumes.   Looking forward to seeing you get this finished.  Good luck, and good hunting!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!