Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rifle build flop?

• 5 Replies
Rifle build flop?
« on: Nov 29, 2018, 11:19 AM »
So I've been working this rifle and have reached a point that I need outside help to know if this would be a trooping rifle or if I need to start over. The last effort I could come up with to help the stock, which has been my biggest headache, is to try and hide the weird textures under a tape wrap that has minor success.  The paint on this was mostly to help level up the plains and is nowhere near the final look I want.

Before tape

After tape (after consideration the bit around the front was removed updated pictures will come later)

Byron_Grom

• Fortune favors the prepared
Re: Rifle build flop?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:25 PM »
I think it could be salvageable, you just need to get creative with it. I would pitch the tape and build some type of shroud out of sintra (or similar material) that will cover the existing stock and hide what's currently there. You can drill vent holes in it, add greeblies to it, and layer on multiple layers of sintra to add depth and details. It's a fairly simple way of either covering up mistakes, or de-nerfing, and as long as it's integrated throughout the entire blaster, it should solve your issues.

Here's just a couple of things I've done with stacking up layers of sintra and greeblies to hopefully illustrate what I mean.

Hope this helps

Anansi

• Ratiin de gar be'eso, ner vod.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2018, 11:33 PM »
Definitely can be salvaged. I sent you a PM.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Anansi's Armor WIP
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2018, 06:46 PM »
I personally would lighten the load back there  :P take your dremel and cut out some of the bulk and then do as byron suggested and fill and layer that way it doesn't look so unwieldy.

Just a quick idea (red is what i would cut off):

Straka Zulu

• Formerly 'STRAKAZulu'
  • Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2018, 12:16 PM »
Changing the layout of the stock will also help in de-Nerfing the overall look.

What you can do, if you are unsure of the stability after taking that much out, is to reinforce the "empty space" with some 1/4" PVC pipe.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2018, 05:26 PM »
I'd like to thank every Vod for their help and encouragement do far in this thread. I haven't had a lot of time to go back to the rifle, but I have been thinking on it and will be working over the stock soon and post up some up to date progress.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!