Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Crusader armor questions

• 1 Replies
Question - Crusader armor questions
« on: Dec 02, 2018, 12:56 AM »
I have a question about:

Alright so my plan is to build a full set of crusader armor out of steel sheet metal. Although I did have a few questions that weren't fully clear in the CLR (I think that's what it is called).

First off I wanted to know something on the requirement on having an ammo belt, holster, or pouch. Under the requirements it says it can be made from leather, pleather or whatever but I wanted to know if I could make it out of sheet metal. I was planning on making thigh armor and i feel an integrated metal holster/ sealable pocket would fit really well with the design.

Another question I had was if I could make the middle to lower back as well as the ab plate out of rubber from a motorcycle suit. I would change its look from the sport armor look to an actual armor look. This would just allow more comfortablility while moving around and sitting/bending. (Picture included on the spine piece) this would not take the place of actual back armor as I still plan on metal covering the top 50% of my back.

The third thing I was curious about was the use of real bones as a trophy hunter look. In the armor rules it says dont use human skills but I was curious if I could use other animal bones. IE, tying a bear jaw to my helm or using wolf/coyote teeth for a necklace.

The last thing is I plan on making the helmets faceplate removable, just so it would be easy to do stuff like drink water/eat without removing my helm. The mast would be mounted by magnets and would look like a solid piece of the helmet. The question I have is would it be acceptable to have a mount on my chest piece for the mask to attack to when I remove it so I dont have to place it down at all since I wanted tubes to be attached between my armor and the mask. I would try to make the chest mount as conservative as possible as to not make it a distracting piece of the armor.

Those are the only questions I can think of at this time. If I think of more I shall post in the comments.

"It is a great day for someone else to die"

"bic jate tuur par ash'ad at ash'amur"

-Azkul Lok

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Question - Crusader armor questions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2018, 11:31 AM »
I don't seen an approvability issue with having an integrated holster.  Unfortunately the pictures didn't post, so regarding using rubber for the ab and part of the back, per the CRLs:

ALL visible sports armor up to and including soccer shin guards and any combination sport or SWAT/Military/Occupational foot/shin/knee pads will not be accepted by any new applicants who wish to apply for Official Membership within the MMCC, unless used as plate carriers and are modified beyond the normal earthy appearance of the stock piece.

So as long as they're fully armored and disguised so that their origin as sports/mocross/motorcycle armor is undetectable, that's fine.

Using real animal bone as accessories for your kit is taken on a case-by-case basis.  You should keep "Family friendly" in mind when planning your kit; bone, when used sparingly can be a good accent for your kit, but again, we view each kit on its own merits.

Several members have the face plates of their helmets mounted on magnets for easy removal - rigging it so that you can then attach the face plate to your chest plate will be an interesting challenge, but in and of itself, the idea is approvable.  Just keep your Clan Ruus'alor and the App Team as involved in your build as possible so you can get guidance along the way and avoid pitfalls.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 21

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!