Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cin Vhetin! Corvyn's First Femmando Concept (lots of pictures and words)

• 40 Replies

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
God, I hope you're real!

It absolutely is, and yeah! I hope to come some armor parties at some point, though that will probably have to wait until post-Graduation.  :cookie:

OMG I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER WHO WILL UNDERSTAND MY RIDICULOUS REFERENCES (creepio is my fav).

Looking forward to seeing more armor! Good luck on the graduation bit (and hopefully we can see you before then!). I'm headed back to school this fall for a Masters, so I understand the "struggle." ???

- Taakure Clan -

Fenn Beviin

• Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
I followed your link! Pretty interesting concept design. I like it plus the whole feathers idea really gives a whole new meaning to the "nightowl" buckets lol. The glove picture you posted definitely looks like the Ring Wraith gauntlet but of version of that would make sense as training giant lizards could potentially cause on to draw back some finger nubs. Also... I saw your comment about not wanting to weather the kit much to preserve the bright colors but you can still weather the kit to make it look real and lived in while keeping that intact. You don't want to be too shiny as any type of animal trainer (outside of aquatic animals) generally gets a good bit of dirt/grime on them, specially dealing with large ride-able animals (you know, from getting thrown off, kicked, bit, etc.)

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0
Montross Pistol: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=53864.30
SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
Modified EE-3: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92880.0
If someone has a heated garage Iíve got enough tools and asst stuff to help with the logistics of an armor party for the lower 812. Unfortunately my car hole is not heated but would work well if we have another warm weekend like last week. Dremel, sander,heat gun, asst sintra pieces, tables, etc

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
I followed your link! Pretty interesting concept design. I like it plus the whole feathers idea really gives a whole new meaning to the "nightowl" buckets lol. The glove picture you posted definitely looks like the Ring Wraith gauntlet but of version of that would make sense as training giant lizards could potentially cause on to draw back some finger nubs. Also... I saw your comment about not wanting to weather the kit much to preserve the bright colors but you can still weather the kit to make it look real and lived in while keeping that intact. You don't want to be too shiny as any type of animal trainer (outside of aquatic animals) generally gets a good bit of dirt/grime on them, specially dealing with large ride-able animals (you know, from getting thrown off, kicked, bit, etc.)

Thanks! And that's a good point about the weathering. I'm planning to add some dents and scratches, and I think a good layer of dusty/muddy grime would be appropriate. I just want to make sure the colors stay nice and vibrant.  :cookie:

If someone has a heated garage Iíve got enough tools and asst stuff to help with the logistics of an armor party for the lower 812. Unfortunately my car hole is not heated but would work well if we have another warm weekend like last week. Dremel, sander,heat gun, asst sintra pieces, tables, etc

NICE! I would love to have an armor party that's not 3+ hours away.  :laugh:

dottynotdipsy

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
About the weathering, on my vibrant kit (turquoise) doing weathering with black and brown washes added a lot of depth to the colors overall and I think my paint job really benefited from it. That being said, I've seen some real pretty clean kits, and a well done lightly weathered kit looks killer.

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
About the weathering, on my vibrant kit (turquoise) doing weathering with black and brown washes added a lot of depth to the colors overall and I think my paint job really benefited from it. That being said, I've seen some real pretty clean kits, and a well done lightly weathered kit looks killer.

Yeah, I'm hoping some light dirty weathering will help my colors pop! I just don't want it to get...too grimy, you feel?

Anyway! Small potential update?

I really want to do a jetpack for this kit, since that was my original idea, but like...what if instead...capes...

The cape would have some feathered trim (or maybe be covered in feathers? unsure) and be clasped in the front by a little golden or copper clasp. Either a mythosaur or a varactyl, depending on what I'm feeling. (I'm still not sure if I want to do a hood on the cape, but I'm not sure of most things with this kit, que sera sera.) Also, on a related note to gold and copper, I've made some slight color changes in considering copper as my base metal color of my armor instead of steely grey. I think it could look pretty snazzy. I would accordingly change all my metallic accents to copper. The visor has been colored gold, since I think I'm gonna end up using a gold mirrored visor, and I've added a few more gold accents throughout - trim on some of the designs, gold highlights to the warm-colored feathers, etc. (When painting, I'll probably use a really shiny liquid gold kind of paint, just to make it really pop, you know? Maybe do that part in some super shiny acrylics or something like that.) Also, I'm considering making my girth belt the light orange color that pops up throughout the kit and using a warm brown leather for the ammo belt over top of it.

I'm loving the nice warm tropical vibe that the kit's developing, and I hope to continue improving the design for the next few months until I can actually start building! As a side note, if I do the hooded cape, I plan to make the rangefinder collapsible/removable so I can still wear it when the hood's down. I still love it as an accent, especially with the feathers on it. And I still want to do a jetpack! I'm just not sure if I want a jetpack, a cape, or a simple backplate for my first run at this kit.

What do you guys think? Let me know if you have suggestions/advice/general thoughts! I'd love to hear them! Ori'vor'e!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Go for the copper color as your base metal. It's pretty unique.

I like the cape idea, but if you do make it, just have feathers as the trim on it. 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Gotta say...I'm a fan of the bronze/copper look.  :P

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
The cape would be neat, but I caution you against the hood. I first started with a hooded Mando until someone pointed out that functionally there's not much reason to wear a hood because you're already wearing a helmet.

I agree the bronze/copper look would be wonderful here!

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
The cape would be neat, but I caution you against the hood. I first started with a hooded Mando until someone pointed out that functionally there's not much reason to wear a hood because you're already wearing a helmet.

I agree the bronze/copper look would be wonderful here!

That...makes sense.  :laugh:

Yeah, the more I looked at it, the less I liked the hood. If I go with the cape, I'll probably go hoodless with a thick Varactyl-feather trim around the collar. The clasp stays though  :like:

Go for the copper color as your base metal. It's pretty unique.

I like the cape idea, but if you do make it, just have feathers as the trim on it.

Yeah, I'm hoping it'll look real snazzy. And you're probably right. I've got to keep my feather addiction in check   :D

Gotta say...I'm a fan of the bronze/copper look.  :P

Thanks! I think it compliments the kit's general color scheme a lot nicer than a silver/steely metal would. I can't wait to start building  :D :D :D

The bronze/copper look would really pop if you did using rubín buff

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!