Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Novoc Mereel's Blaster Arsenal

• 45 Replies

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
Re: Novoc Mereel's Blaster Arsenal
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2019, 12:27 PM »
*Shrugs*

Well, could be the part ratio in the tube was off.  If it's the off-brand stuff, that might be the case.

Hand me my thinking grenades.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2019, 12:35 PM »
*Shrugs*

Well, could be the part ratio in the tube was off.  If it's the off-brand stuff, that might be the case.

It's the name-brand stuff. I've used multiple tubes of it over the years and it's always been pretty consistent.

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2019, 12:45 PM »
Well, you might have gotten a bad batch then, who knows.

Regarding the crack though.  Assuming it remains consistent and doesn't get worse, you might just have to turn it into a part of the gun's history: like you whacked someone in the jaw with the butt of your gun and cracked the handle.

Hand me my thinking grenades.

Hellwolve

• Darth Kharon
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2019, 04:30 PM »
Oooohhhhh. You can check out his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CouldChuckWood/
Excelent! Thanks for the info :like:

"But they, set free from sickness and eld and toils, having fled from the deeply sounding ferry of Akheron."

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2019, 09:08 AM »
Well, you might have gotten a bad batch then, who knows.

Regarding the crack though.  Assuming it remains consistent and doesn't get worse, you might just have to turn it into a part of the gun's history: like you whacked someone in the jaw with the butt of your gun and cracked the handle.

That might have to be part of it, but definitely I want to fill in the little circles on the handle until it's smooth.

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #35 on: Nov 20, 2019, 03:50 PM »
Updates! I'm not dead! Work's been pretty crazy the last few months, but a new schedule, and a promotion are good things happening in my professional life, so I've just been trying to get set up in my new role at work. Still, I've gotten a few things done. The DC-15A is painted and weathered! Still want to do a few more touch-ups, but mostly I'm calling it done. Also got my second blaster figured out.

First, the DC-15A:

And a few detail shots after weathering using 0000 steel wool and a brown wash for dirt/grime:

Now on to the blaster. I found parts of an old airsoft gun that I thought would look like a neat greeblie to slap on the side. I'd show you pics with paint, but the thing is currently out back drying between coats. I also added a thing piece of sintra and wrapped it around the rear of the grip to hide those little holes I tried to fill in (not pictured). For now, enjoy the pics of it pre-paint-app:

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
« Reply #36 on: Nov 21, 2019, 01:09 PM »
That weathering on the rifle looks awesome!

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #37 on: Nov 21, 2019, 09:41 PM »
That weathering on the rifle looks awesome!

Much appreciated! Unfortunately you can't tell super well from a distance, but the plan is to go back in with a bit of Rub 'n' Buff to bring some highlights out.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #38 on: Nov 23, 2019, 11:14 AM »
Blaster pistol is looking good man  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #39 on: Nov 23, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Paint on the blaster is dry. A little bit of yellow got through my masking, but I can fix that by hand. Gotta wait for another warm-ish day to finish up the rest.

hazelspikes

• "Armor is just bigger Gunpla!"
« Reply #40 on: Dec 02, 2019, 01:21 PM »
I kinda like the look of the yellow with the silver. Great job vod!

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #41 on: Dec 02, 2019, 02:00 PM »
I kinda like the look of the yellow with the silver. Great job vod!

Thanks! On my day off this week the plan is to add some red stripes over the yellow to match the other pistol that had the reverse (yellow stripes over red). I've got a large painting schedule set for my weekend haha. Going to hope the weather can hold, or at least I'll have to get a bucket of hot water for the paint, and find a way to hang it.

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #42 on: Dec 05, 2019, 12:49 AM »
Voila! Got the kill stripes painted on the last blaster today. They're mostly dry, and I also went in by hand and fixed a couple spots of overspray. Tomorrow I plan to do a final inspection to make sure I don't feel anything else is needed, and then... weathering!

« Reply #43 on: Dec 05, 2019, 01:55 AM »
That is looking SWEET! I love how that shade of yellow ends up looking after a bit of weathering and the shape looks awesome

I hit hot metal with heavy metal to make sharp metal.

Novoc Mereel

« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2019, 03:59 AM »
That is looking SWEET! I love how that shade of yellow ends up looking after a bit of weathering and the shape looks awesome

Much appreciated! One of my favorite things about this one is all the nooks & crannies for weathering to really dig into. Going to look SO nice!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modifying my last post to prevent a double post violation.

Here it is nice and dirtied up!

And side-by-side with the other blaster. I feel likeI did a fine job of keeping the weathering consistent between them both, and I'm pretty satisfied with them. I likely won't be finishing the E-11 until the rest of my kit is done, in the interest of not trying to do too many things at once.

« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2019, 05:11 PM by Novoc Mereel » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!