Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Can I make a arm ?

• 1 Replies

Maik Tas

• formally Izzie
Question - Can I make a arm ?
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 07:21 AM »
I have a question about:

I was looking at some cosplays and saw someone do a character from “full metal alchemist “ with the metal arm. So I was thinking it would be kinda cool to do something similar with my Mandalorian. I was thinking an arm lost in battle. My first thought was to make it look like carbon fiber. I don’t know if that look would fit in universe. So my question is can I do this with my costume? And what look would best fit in universe? I have been trying to look at some of the Star Wars prosthetics.

Sep Ho'ban

• Formerly 'Quingin'
Re: Question - Can I make a arm ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 08:56 AM »
You can absolutely make an arm for your character.   Prostehtics in Star Wars range from Luke's hand, which is basically indistinguishable from a normal hand until he flips open that wrist panel, to  droid style arms like Anakin's in Episode 2.   

I would stay away from Carbon Fiber, as most of the time it screams EARTH unless done in very small doses.   

For inspiration, I recommend looking at droid arms.   

If you're not planning to have a gauntlet on your droid arm, you do need to make an effort to weaponize the thing in some fashion. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!