Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

[WIP] TKO Back/Jetpack

• 2 Replies

TheTKO

[WIP] TKO Back/Jetpack
« on: Apr 26, 2019, 06:27 PM »
Hey guys! I started building a backpack/jetpack mixture!
But i dont know how to mod it a bit more with greeblies, do you have any ideas ?
At the top as you can see i already attached some control pannels and antennas

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: [WIP] TKO Back/Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2019, 09:49 PM »
Have you thought about how this is gonna be a jetpack? If I may suggest spending some time going through a search like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=spaceship+thrusters&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAnZnVku_hAhVLcq0KHe6DDIAQ_AUIDigB&biw=1536&bih=728

Maybe you'll see some shapes that might look cool on your pack. Maybe look up "Space Shuttle thrusters" and see if you like that look.

The in-universe examples are the typical Jango/Boba rocket bell-shapes stuck to the sides. Another Google search you can check out: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&biw=1536&bih=728&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=LLTDXNGGOJDt-gSr56rwCQ&q=star+wars+jet+pack&oq=star+wars+jet+pack&gs_l=img.3..0i10i24.20088.20088..21487...0.0..0.83.83.1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.DWLys92U4NQ

From the look of what you have, you might be able to put the thrusty part between the fins at the bottom. Maybe make it a repulsor-lift thing... cut a slot, maybe put in some EL wire or led lights to give it a glow... Maybe one or two on the sides and front to give the idea of attitude control... I dunno. Just brainstorming.

Good luck and post photos!  :D

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
Re: [WIP] TKO Back/Jetpack
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2019, 11:14 PM »
Stick some vents on that sucker. 

Hand me my thinking grenades.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!