Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Assembling 3D printed helmet

• 17 Replies
Re: Assembling 3D printed helmet
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2019, 02:35 PM »
Sep is correct as usual :)
My helmet was in 18 parts I think, my buddy did cut the parts and delivered me a nice puzzle :D

PS: In my Bucket Thread you can see my helmet, and should be able to make out the many parts it is composed of.

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2019, 03:05 PM by Dhek`Kaar » Logged
B.O.M.B. #101

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2019, 11:11 PM »
3d builder also has a split function for making pieces smaller. Also late to the party but you can also buy a cheap 3d print pen from GearBest for around $20 or so and use that to weld pieces together. Just did it on a non Mando helmet I was working on and couldn’t get the pieces apart after I messed up and had to use the pen to fix the mistake lol

QMU#084
« Reply #17 on: Apr 10, 2020, 03:15 AM »
In case of large objects, you just need to split the model in multiple parts (you might use  Meshmixer) and print them separately. Then, you'll only have to assemble them using acetone (for ABS) or glue (for PLA).

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!