Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cheri's Sabine Wren s3 WiP!

• 39 Replies

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Cheri's Sabine Wren s3 WiP!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2019, 01:35 PM »
that's some fantastic looking paintwork. :like:

Falke

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #16 on: Feb 24, 2019, 05:20 AM »
That's an amazing paintjob!  :o :sabine:

« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Thank you everyone!! :D

I finished up the paint sprayer yesterday, it was a really fun prop to put together. The 3D printed kit is from 3DPropWorx on etsy, and it's a great kit. I also got my westars kit from there and I'll be starting that this week.

Shar Dagger

• Don't be Delicate, Be Vast and Brilliant
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Feb 24, 2019, 08:17 PM »
This is a great WIP.  Very nice!!

OM: 1688 - Privateer Brigade Member: 283
Shar Dagger Customs: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=158489.0
Check out my Instagram: @shar_dagger
Invasion Count: 10
« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2019, 10:31 PM »
Thank you!!    :) :sabine:

I primed the westars, just deciding on the colors now. I do have a question about some of the colors:  one of her blasters has blue/aqua accents, is the other one more yellow or orange, or something in between? I've looked as so many references and looked at what other people did and it seems to vary a bit, as do the base gray colors. I'm looking at a few Montana gold colors right now to base it out and then go back and do the tiny details by hand.

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2019, 12:53 AM »
Thank you!!    :) :sabine:

I primed the westars, just deciding on the colors now. I do have a question about some of the colors:  one of her blasters has blue/aqua accents, is the other one more yellow or orange, or something in between? I've looked as so many references and looked at what other people did and it seems to vary a bit, as do the base gray colors. I'm looking at a few Montana gold colors right now to base it out and then go back and do the tiny details by hand.

I'm loving everything about this build! You're doing a fantastic job! Here is a picture of my blasters if it helps, sorry about the light glare on one of them.  :laugh:

OM #1871
M5 #90
#038 G.O.M.O.L.
#017 Night Owl Society
Raquel91 WIP (Currently S4 Sabine Wren Epilogue Kit)
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2019, 10:54 AM »
^Thank you! It helps to see them just laying down like that.

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2019, 10:37 AM »
^Thank you! It helps to see them just laying down like that.

You're welcome! ^ U ^  :like:

OM #1871
M5 #90
#038 G.O.M.O.L.
#017 Night Owl Society
Raquel91 WIP (Currently S4 Sabine Wren Epilogue Kit)
« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:19 PM »
I've finally gotten the chest plates to a place I like them! I had to cut darts in the sintra because the plates just did not look right on me. I put a small patch of thibra on the back, and the filled the gap with JB Wetweld and sanded it down. The result looks nice I think, and the seam is gone. I did have one concern which might be hard to correct because of the way it's shaped to fit me, but do the overall shape of the plates look OK to everyone? My concern was with the outer sides- they curve a little more than the reference, but the reference is also a cartoon that defies physics so I don't know if I'm overthinking it haha I also know the MA chest plates have a little bit of a curve to them on the sides, as well, and I've seen people approved with those.

ALSO! I received my April Storm Props vambrace/gauntlets and OMG they are GORGEOUS! I also love the included koozie hahaha XD I can't wait to paint these!

Padm Thano

• #946 || "Pandalorian" || Spectre5
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #24 on: Mar 15, 2019, 09:29 AM »
You're doing a really great job on this build! Stellar work  :sabine:

If possible, try and snap a pic with the chest plates on you (taped or holding them in place if needed) so we acan see how they're fitting. But you did an excellent job with the dart and I think you're headed in a good direction.

Sabine's plates barely curve around the top of her ribcage and the outer corner of the plats dip down just barely into the gray of the shirt. The plates should end around your waist so when you bend over they kind of sit in your natural waist/above the navel :)

Keep up the good work  :like:

Rebel Legion Ra Kura Base Membership Officer
« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Thank you so much!! I will definitely do that, it really is the only way to tell if it's going to look right in the end :)

I have another quick update- started painting the westars! I never thought I would appreciate masking tape this much in my life XD I want to add a little bit of a  very light orange tone to the yellow, and the get to the details like the mid gray panels, black lines, and the weathering.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 15, 2019, 11:40 AM »
Your blasters are looking great!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278 || Approval Team Director
Custom Armor WIP - Bo Katan WIP
« Reply #27 on: Mar 18, 2019, 11:04 AM »
Thank you!  :porg1: I'm hoping to finish the blasters up by tomorrow night :D

And thank you again @Padm Thano for helping me figure out what was needed to get the chest plates looking correct!

I test fit a few times and reshaped them a bit to get to this, which I'm very happy with! :

Padm Thano

• #946 || "Pandalorian" || Spectre5
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #28 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11:36 AM »
you're looking great, Cheri! I can't wait to see more of this build :)  :sabine:

Rebel Legion Ra Kura Base Membership Officer

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Mar 21, 2019, 12:48 PM »
That looks great! :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278 || Approval Team Director
Custom Armor WIP - Bo Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!