Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

PBT- CheriBot

• 55 Replies
Re: Cheri's Sabine Wren s3 WiP!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 15, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Thank you so much!! I will definitely do that, it really is the only way to tell if it's going to look right in the end :)

I have another quick update- started painting the westars! I never thought I would appreciate masking tape this much in my life XD I want to add a little bit of a  very light orange tone to the yellow, and the get to the details like the mid gray panels, black lines, and the weathering.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 15, 2019, 11:40 AM »
Your blasters are looking great!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #27 on: Mar 18, 2019, 11:04 AM »
Thank you!  :porg1: I'm hoping to finish the blasters up by tomorrow night :D

And thank you again @Padm Thano for helping me figure out what was needed to get the chest plates looking correct!

I test fit a few times and reshaped them a bit to get to this, which I'm very happy with! :

Padm Thano

• #946 || "Pandalorian" || Spectre5
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #28 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11:36 AM »
you're looking great, Cheri! I can't wait to see more of this build :)  :sabine:

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Mar 21, 2019, 12:48 PM »
That looks great! :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago
« Reply #30 on: Mar 24, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Oooh! Your westars and your chest plates look great!  :o

Arqet Clan Alor'ad 2019-2021, Ver'alor 2022
South Central Region Ver Al'verde 2023
Mando Q&A Form
OM#1871b Sabine Wren & Ruu Sedam   
#90 - M5, #038 .G.O.M.O.L., #017 N. O. S.
« Reply #31 on: Mar 24, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Ahh Thank you so much everyone!!  :sabine: :porg2:

I started laying some base colors down on the chest plates (the edges are still taped up here, too!), so next step on these is weathering and details (and the starbird design of course :) )

And I finished my westars, yay!!! Doind some final sanding in places and matte spraying them, but here they are!

« Reply #32 on: Apr 02, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Small update, but making progress on the chest plates- they are starting to look like something! I'm doing a lot of the details by hand with a brush so I have more control over it, and so it matches the way I did the rest of my armor. I'm layering the orange down now on the starbird area (still have a bit of a ways to go), and then i'm going to go back and finish the smaller details and weather. The white stripey side is done, though!

Almost done....

Also, not armor related, but designed some Sabine-inspired keychains for Celebration next week!! Thought some of you might like to see  :sabine:

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #33 on: Apr 02, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Looking good! The details on my first set were hand-painted, if the transparency of the orange is an issue you can paint the details in white first and then go back over it with orange. It saves a few coats of paint and makes it brighter.

« Reply #34 on: Apr 02, 2019, 01:06 PM »
Thank you!! I was thinking I might have to do that. I did it with some of the red on the other side but the orange/yellow is a bit thinner I think, so good call (or i'd have to do like 25 layers of orange lolol)

Mirdala Senaar

• Mirdala Senaar
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #35 on: Apr 02, 2019, 02:45 PM »
This is looking so awesome, and the keychains are cool! I will be in my Ursa Wren in Chicago, so come say hi if you see me! I am going to try and get pics with all the Sabine’s I see.

Clan Manda'galaar / OM # 1684 / Invasions: 88 (2/17/19)

« Reply #36 on: Apr 03, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Thank you! And your Ursa Wren is amazingggg, I hope to see you next week! I'm there all 5 days, and wearing a casual Sabine on Friday :D

Padm Thano

• #946 || "Pandalorian" || Spectre5
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #37 on: Apr 15, 2019, 11:05 AM »
As always; looking good Cheri!

keep up the good work  :sabine:

« Reply #38 on: Apr 20, 2019, 05:38 PM »
Thank you!!!  :sabine:

After returning from Celebration this week I was super amped up to finish painting at least the "light armor" pieces. I finally finished last night!!!!! I am super happy with how it came out, and I cannot believe it's actually done. It's so weird to look at a fully painted kit, I'm sure you all know it feels like you're just never going to finish!  :porg2:

Big thank you to everyone following my build and offering kind words of encouragement and everyone I've been asking non-stop build questions (you know who you are ;D hahaha). I can't wait to attach everything, and then it's on to the helmet and gauntlets!

Bonus pic: Bought the Her Universe jacket and I loooooove it, perfect for a casual Sabine day! This was a good opportunity to take the wig for a "test drive" haha

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #39 on: Apr 22, 2019, 11:19 AM »
That looks great! :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #40 on: Jun 07, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Thank you!!  :sabine:

It's been a hot minute since I posted, but I've finished my light armor and actually just received my Rebel Legion approval a few days ago!!!! I'm halfway through the helmet and starting on some of the additional parts for heavy armor now, but here are some light armor complete pics! Once I finish my helmet I'll be taking additional submission pics for MMCC :D

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #41 on: Jun 11, 2019, 01:02 PM »
Nice! Congrats on RL approval! :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
« Reply #42 on: Jun 12, 2019, 09:49 PM »
You did such a great job on the paint, Cheri. Mother of Sabines is super proud! ;)

« Reply #43 on: Jun 14, 2019, 03:00 PM »
Ahhh Thank youuuu!!  :sabine: :porg2:

I'm slowing making progress on the helmet and starting the other armor soon. I'm not so sure what I want to use for the leg flares yet, maybe some kind of dowels?? I honestly haven't thought about it too much because i was concentrating on light armor first!

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #44 on: Jun 14, 2019, 08:43 PM »
I think wooden dowels would work! Some x-wing pilots do that, can’t see why it wouldn’t work for Sabine’s flares as well.

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Eitanya

« Reply #45 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Mine are dowels! 3/4" I believe.

« Reply #46 on: Jun 19, 2019, 09:00 AM »
Thanks guys!! I had a feeling dowels would be the solution here :)

« Reply #47 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:22 AM »
::Knocks dust off thread::

It's been a while, but I'm back at it :D

I've been concentrating on the helmet, and I've made some real progress in the past few weeks. I'm at the point now where I am touching up some things, and then going back to weather and add more details. Also, since these shots have been taken, I've fixed the lines on the gray "cheeks" to line up better with the bottom of the ear caps :)

Like the armor, all the spray painting is Montana gold colors. The helmet itself is from NME props.

Also, my prospective Clan that I'll be submitting approval for posted some new guidelines, so I just wanted to include this info in this post since it's the first new one I've done in a while!

Name: Cheri
City: West Islip, NY
Favorite Star Wars Character: I can't pick one, but I'll narrow it down lol Sabine, Rey, Leia, Han, Mara Jade, Vi Moradi, Obi-Wan
Favorite Star Wars Movie: The Empire Strikes Back
Why do you want to be a MMCC member: For a lot of the same reasons I wanted to join Rebel Legion. I love costuming and Star Wars, so to be able to combine everything into a group that does events, charity, and just in general brightens people's day, is fantastic! More specifically for Mercs, I love the Mandalorian lore throughout SW, especially in Clone Wars and Rebels, and I feel personally that's where I fall. I also just identify with Sabine so much that she is definitely my SW counterpart haha
A little more about me: I'm also a huge Marvel and anime nerd :) I love baking and cooking, especially new things I've never tried. I'm an illustrator and graphic/packaging/toy designer (I'm currently working on plushies for My Hero Academia and Dragon Ball Z). I'm super close to my sister, and my family in general, and
I wish I had more time to play video games XD

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
Re: PBT- CheriBot
« Reply #48 on: Jan 15, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Your paint is fantastic. I've got a Sabine bucket I mess around with somethings, so i get how involved her paint ups are.

Falke

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Re: PBT- CheriBot
« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2020, 03:24 PM »
Your paintjob turned out great!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!