Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

PBT- CheriBot

• 54 Replies

Eitanya

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians
Re: Cheri's Sabine Wren s3 WiP!
« Reply #45 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Mine are dowels! 3/4" I believe.

« Reply #46 on: Jun 19, 2019, 09:00 AM »
Thanks guys!! I had a feeling dowels would be the solution here :)

« Reply #47 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:22 AM »
::Knocks dust off thread::

It's been a while, but I'm back at it :D

I've been concentrating on the helmet, and I've made some real progress in the past few weeks. I'm at the point now where I am touching up some things, and then going back to weather and add more details. Also, since these shots have been taken, I've fixed the lines on the gray "cheeks" to line up better with the bottom of the ear caps :)

Like the armor, all the spray painting is Montana gold colors. The helmet itself is from NME props.

Also, my prospective Clan that I'll be submitting approval for posted some new guidelines, so I just wanted to include this info in this post since it's the first new one I've done in a while!

Name: Cheri
City: West Islip, NY
Favorite Star Wars Character: I can't pick one, but I'll narrow it down lol Sabine, Rey, Leia, Han, Mara Jade, Vi Moradi, Obi-Wan
Favorite Star Wars Movie: The Empire Strikes Back
Why do you want to be a MMCC member: For a lot of the same reasons I wanted to join Rebel Legion. I love costuming and Star Wars, so to be able to combine everything into a group that does events, charity, and just in general brightens people's day, is fantastic! More specifically for Mercs, I love the Mandalorian lore throughout SW, especially in Clone Wars and Rebels, and I feel personally that's where I fall. I also just identify with Sabine so much that she is definitely my SW counterpart haha
A little more about me: I'm also a huge Marvel and anime nerd :) I love baking and cooking, especially new things I've never tried. I'm an illustrator and graphic/packaging/toy designer (I'm currently working on plushies for My Hero Academia and Dragon Ball Z). I'm super close to my sister, and my family in general, and
I wish I had more time to play video games XD

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
Re: PBT- CheriBot
« Reply #48 on: Jan 15, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Your paint is fantastic. I've got a Sabine bucket I mess around with somethings, so i get how involved her paint ups are.

Falke

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2020, 03:24 PM »
Your paintjob turned out great!

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2020, 09:49 AM »
Hi All! Thank you so much for the kind words :D

I have FINALLY finished this helmet XD!!!!! I'm going to get the padding in and hopefully take some submission photos this week!

Since some of these pics were taken I went back and touched up a little of the silver weathering and added a tiny bit more on the back near the weather on the yellow band, but it more or less looks the same ish. Special thanks to my helmet model  :D :sabine:

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2020, 11:36 AM »
I think your helmet paint job looks great! :sabine:

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2020, 08:27 PM »
Thank you!!! :D

OK, took my submission photos today, fingers crossed!!! I also took some action shots and some fun photos with  a certain adorable little child XD

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2020, 08:38 PM »
Good luck with your app submission! :)

« Reply #54 on: Jul 04, 2020, 06:32 PM »
Hi Cheri!  What weathering technique did you use to get the grey faded areas on the red on the top of the helmet and the silverly lines next to the bottom sides of the visor?  It looks fantastic!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!