Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ab design help

• 3 Replies
Ab design help
« on: Feb 06, 2019, 08:33 PM »
I need to design a new ab plate, though I don't know how to do it.   I'm using plastic tubs to make it.  All of my previous designs didn't fit my body very well.

Here is my torso armor with the vinyl ab plate I had to use.  I would like my new ab plate to match the overlap design of my chest plate.

"I am of the Mando'ade.  The fight is everything."
-Rohlan Dyre

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
Re: Ab design help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:11 PM »
Huh.  I like those breastplates.  Not sure if that's kosher, but I like it.  Getting a bit of a Roman legionnaire vibe from it.

Hand me my thinking grenades.

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2019, 01:34 PM »
could try some vertical overlap as opposed to horizontal? I'd suggest adding a little something to the collar too. anytime you do something different with a major armor piece, it helps the continuity of the kit to carry it over into other places, or else you wind up with something looking out of place.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:50 PM »
Vertical overlap is a good idea.  I'll see if I can draw up a design.

"I am of the Mando'ade.  The fight is everything."
-Rohlan Dyre

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!