Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Taryn Aisha's WIP thread

• 12 Replies
Taryn Aisha's WIP thread
« on: Feb 07, 2019, 01:17 AM »
So here we go, trying to get my kit together and approved so I can be official  ;D

Starting with a Hellraiser helm from MKF Props; color scheme silver, black and touches of a color-change green/purple/real. Will be posting pics soon.

theValkyrie

• "Some girls just want to be warlords..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: Taryn Aisha's WIP thread
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:19 PM »
Awesome! Can't wait to see :)

OM 2076 & 2076b

“The quickest way to a man's heart is through the fourth and fifth ribs.”
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2019, 12:09 PM »
Bummed today. Received my Fem2 armor from TMA and there's no way I can fit into it. Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and make it myself. Gonna be interesting, to say the least.

theValkyrie

• "Some girls just want to be warlords..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Bummed today. Received my Fem2 armor from TMA and there's no way I can fit into it. Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and make it myself. Gonna be interesting, to say the least.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=153384.msg1885889#msg1885889

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=16740.msg241837#msg241837

These threads were really helpful for a few female builds I've seen recently, or you can go with the darting method. The darting method takes a little more elbow grease but in the end you have a custom fit plate  :)

This was how I darted my breast plates :)

Fill the slits with epoxy and then sand your life away.

But you end up with a nice smooth breastplate like so:

I hope this helps! I look forward to seeing your build :)

OM 2076 & 2076b

“The quickest way to a man's heart is through the fourth and fifth ribs.”

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2019, 12:27 AM »
Hello and welcome! I have to be honest, this stood out to me because my sister's name is Taryn spelled the same and everything. Happy to have you! Anyway darts on Sinatra aren't too bad. Besides the tutorials, the best tip I have is before cutting plastic, template out the design with cardstock. It is super helpful to see how the cardstock will bend so that the edges of your design line up correctly. You can do it!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2019, 01:22 PM »
First up, boots! I got these at Kmart and they're so comfortable!

I also have these to swap out if my feet start hurting: 

I've also changed my color scheme for right now to black, silver, and krylon's Matte Sweet Fig

« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2019, 03:22 PM by osukaru » Logged

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2019, 03:22 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Those boots oughtta work out just fine, though if I may make a suggestion; if you're not going to do shin armor, add some little detail pieces to the boots so that you don't have all of that blank space on the shins. It could be as simple as small detail plates or as complex as a separate spat/gaiter with ribbing or a slightly different color.

Are you going with silver as your primary and black and sweet fig as your secondary and tertiary?

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

J'Khara Vontess

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2019, 12:25 AM »
Comfy shoes are key! They look good to me.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 06, 2019, 07:01 PM »

Sorry to hear your plates didn't fit

Do you mind if I ask you what cup size you think the TMA plates are? I was looking at buying TMA's FEM2 armor, and I asked him how deep they were, but his response wasn't the information I asked for, and now I'm hesitant to get them - I'm not well endowed and I don't want anything that's going to be huge on me.

« Reply #10 on: Apr 15, 2019, 04:12 PM »
Here's the images I worked up when I thought I was using the TMA fem2. I'm making more of a legendary build instead, but wanting to use the same designs, just adapted.

*added*
I am a plus-size vod, and sketched this out (since I'm making my own based on patterns and picture). Does this look like a good proportion?

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2019, 03:50 AM by Taryn_Aisha » Logged

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2019, 09:35 AM »
Taryn your paint scheme looks pretty cool, it will be fun watching you execute it! The modern style of plates and bucket you are going for will go well with that paint job as well! As with the proportions with the  plates they look good to me but a drawing is always way different from actual execution. Cant wait to see how everything turns out vod!

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2019, 10:30 AM »
Sorry to hear about the situation with your plates. Making them is not too bad. The there are two tricks with making plates to fit your chest:
1. Template! I can't stress this enough. Use cardstock, draw plate design on it (I used printable boba plates to start and changed the design from there). Then work with a friend to try on the plates to determine where to cut darts in the design just like in sewing so that they bend around your curves in a way that fits you. Now this may take a few tries. I made 3 before I was happy with the curve and the proportions. I'm 34B so I only needed 1 dart for each plates, larger cup sizes usually need a few more darts.
2. Get a comfy bra that you plan to wear under your finished costume and wear while templating. You want to make sure you fit your plates to the right curves because each bra is different.

Here is where you can find printable templates http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-templates/

Here is a picture of my cardstock templates for reference for darting. When i fold the template over my curves the edges line up perfectly, then I just filled in the slight gap with epoxy putty.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!