EDIT: 10-16-2015 It has been over 6 years since I made this bucket. I have received several messages asking about this project, and while I have been entertaining the idea to create a new thread that is updated, it may be a little while until that is done.
No, not Homer Simpson, Homer from Home Depot!
A while back I picked up some buckets from Home Depot for the purpose of seeing if I could make a good out of them. I think it worked...
For both inner and outer shells, make the templates wrap around the bucket with only one seem in the back. Flip the bucket over, bottom side up, to make your marks and cuts.
You will have a little piece left over. Cut it out and use it as the scab connector in the back.
On the outer shell, trace out the cheeks, visor, and back and cut. Lay this piece on the inner shell to make guide lines for the glue.
After the glue has set, cut out the cheeks from the inner shell .
Make the cheeks from Sintra and add a Mandalorian Arsenal dome. (Shameless plug...
Lay down two to three coats of Krylon for Plastic, letting each coat dry thoroughly before proceeding.
I used Smoke Gray as the main color, and the Jango Light Blue for the ears and cheeks. For these ears, I fashioned them out of Sintra...
...and bolted them on. For the right ear, I simply flipped the pattern to make a mirror image.
Cut out for the visor (the bottom section WILL come out later)...
...and paint the clan sigil on the forehead.
Plus, for now I cheated. I'm using MS Paint for the visor.
That's it for this helmet. It really was that simple. But, as I mentioned in the Official Clone Wars Mando thread, I will be sacrificing this bucket to turn it into molds for a helmet run. I've had so many requests for helmets that I think the time will be right a lot sooner than I had planned. I'm still going to make the armor, as planned, but this bucket will be going under the knife soon after that.