Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bekahsoka's First WIP

• 31 Replies

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Bekahsoka's First WIP
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2019, 02:39 PM »
What a cool idea!  I've always loved the arctic mando look, and it's a nice bonus to have a cozy cape for winter troops lol.  Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

WIP Thread!   http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=82808.0

More pictures on Instagram: @evaarla_kal
« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 2019, 10:56 PM »
Hi Mando world! It's been a while since I've updated here, but I have FINALLY got some progress on my build now that I got some free time. I got together with a friend today and got all of my armor cut and fitted, next I need to finish my flak vest and officially place the armor. It's not positioned perfectly yet lol. I decided to layer the collar piece to fit with my chest armor well, since there was a bit of a gap between the two. I really love the look of it!! I also went with Nite Owl styled shoulder plates, to go with my Nite Owl helmet :<3:

So my first try for a belly plate had too much room by the sides near the chest armor. So we updated the pattern a bit and I think it works so much better!!

First belly plate try:

Second and hopefully final belly plate try:

Gauntlets made my a fellow clan member, 3D printed and glued together with help from my other friend/clan member! I just need to sand the crap outta them and paint!

Now all the armor just needs to be painted!! I have a helmet I got from a fellow clan member, it needs a bit of tweaking to get into shape. So all that's left is boots, finishing my vest, belt, and cape!! Which for me is the easy part  :D

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2019, 11:00 PM by bekahsoka » Logged

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 150 troops Celebration Chicago
« Reply #17 on: Oct 06, 2019, 02:05 AM »
Yes! Great progress, very much looking forward to seeing all of this come together. 

Official Invasions: 241
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #18 on: Oct 06, 2019, 01:51 PM »
Woo hoo! Looking good so far! :<3:

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Custom Armor WIP - Bo-Katan WIP
Bounty hunting is a complicated profession...
« Reply #19 on: Oct 06, 2019, 09:02 PM »
Small but super awesome update already!! I am almost finished with my vest, just need to get my sash and belt before I fully decide were to hem it, and might add a third strap too based on that.

Vest:

I tried to put the armor on to get an idea for the look and where everything will sit, but tape and my fabric don't like each other apparently so it's not the best haha. It works for now to get a look at it so that helped!! Also I found the exact type of boots I've been after (hi thanks Aneira for the inspiration/friendship that led me to these beauties!!) https://www.tillys.com/product/wild-diva-canvas-lace-up-lug-sole-white-womens-boots/36241415004.html
I plan to make little spats to go over the laces, I can't wait till they arrive!

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 150 troops Celebration Chicago
« Reply #20 on: Oct 06, 2019, 09:35 PM »
Looking good! And those boots will work just fine once the laces are covered.

Official Member #1132
Manda'galaar Clan
« Reply #21 on: Oct 06, 2019, 10:03 PM »
Looking good! And those boots will work just fine once the laces are covered.

Yay! I really love them so thatís great :<3:

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #22 on: Oct 06, 2019, 10:50 PM »
This looks soooo good! Awesome job so far!

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #23 on: Oct 07, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Love those boots! :D

Aneira Velca'rusc

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 08, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Those look great! :D they will fit good with your design.
maybe heavier ductape for the placement of the plates? :D I think so far it looks pretty neat, the belly plate might need some trimming in the future.
But that will get more clear to see once you try it on all together again.

Ruus bal'Neta

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #25 on: Oct 09, 2019, 10:39 AM »
I definitely suggest a third strap at the bottom of the vest. It will keep the bottom tucked nicely under your sash and prevent it from slipping out when you move.

Tra'alor, Manda'galaar Clan / OM #1686 1/12/17 / Invasions: 123
Ruus bal'Neta - Brigade Member #253 - Vanguard Division / Shock Infantry / Droid Hunter (MMCC 1st approved 1/18/18)
Kyríam Tyrahr #1686B approved 11/23/18 / Striker Division / Special Operations / Privateer 10/16/19
Conclave Warden
CAO Team
Former Ruus'alor (2018)

Bata Aden

• Did someone say... ICE CREAM!?!?
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #26 on: Oct 10, 2019, 12:27 PM »
Great work vod!

MY WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=101454.0
Memeber# 1598  QMU#53.  Troop Count: 39
« Reply #27 on: Oct 21, 2019, 01:33 AM »
Quick update! I have finished my cape (and holy crap am I in love with it!!) and finished my boot covers. I tried on the soft parts I have currently and finally am seeing this come together!! I plan to use the remaining material from my sash for a neck seal/scarf, and will be making a loin cloth matching the cape. I want to wait on that part until I have the belt so I can properly measure. I'm going to an armor party this weekend and plan to paint the armor and work on my helmet. Then all thats really left is the belt, pouches, and gloves (which I will most likely make this week sometime). I'm so excited to see this coming together and can't wait to have more of her finished soon!! Also HUGE shoutout to Kryamla for always being awesome and helping me with this :<3:

Cue awkward soft part pictures:

Vexos

• Because we must.
« Reply #28 on: Oct 21, 2019, 01:58 AM »
Yes! Soft parts look great, you have a good handle on what you're doing, and your game plan seems solid. You'll be official in no time!

Official Member #1132
Manda'galaar Clan

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #29 on: Oct 21, 2019, 09:36 AM »
Yay!! It looks so good! Anytime you need help, you just let me know  :<3:

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2019, 10:34 AM by Kryamla Redalur » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!