Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Use of the Ori'Ramikad Insignia

• 1 Replies

Vhirani

• "I'm the Distraction!"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Question - Use of the Ori'Ramikad Insignia
« on: Mar 08, 2019, 04:12 PM »
I have a question about:

A few months ago I got the idea to make replicas of my friends' iron hearts to carry as mementos on my kit.

I asked for, and received, permission to replicate many of my friends' diamonds. But before I start, I have a question.

A handful of my friends are members of the Order of  Ori'Ramikad, and have the symbol painted on their chest diamonds.

Am I allowed to replicate their diamonds, insignia and all?

I know the use of the insignia is very restricted, so I wanted to ask for permission now instead of beg for forgiveness in the future. :P

The Silly Penguin
M5 #70
MMCC #1590
Shonare Vhekadla Clan
ORH #74
Mos Espa Outpost
TDE #349
Twin Sun Spire

Bowfanny

• GENERAL SHINANIGATOR
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Question - Use of the Ori'Ramikad Insignia
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Quote from: Coreysnaps
I'm going to say no.  The symbol appearing on your chest diamond is your right as a member of the Order.  This right does not extend to someone else wearing a copy of your chest diamond.  The only exception I can see making would be if someone were gifted a member's original chest diamond after they passed.  So, if a member has Remo's diamond that he wore, that person could wear the diamond with the symbol on their kit as a mark of respect and remembrance.  There are no other cases where this would be acceptable.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!