Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster's ROTJ SE Boba Fett Build

• 8 Replies

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Jaster's ROTJ SE Boba Fett Build
« on: Mar 13, 2019, 04:25 AM »
 :boba: :boba: Hey everyone! :boba: :boba:

I honestly wished I'd have chronicled this journey sooner because I've actually been working on this build for over a year with help from various sources such as The Dented Helmet, 501st Legion, and of course our very own Boba experts here in club.

I'd like to go over all the items I have!

The helmet is a fiberglass resin cast mold by ToEleven FROM TDH. The paint job was done by me using layered weathering. I followed the same basic weathering patterns as the ESB as well as added the SE damages as well

The armor (torso, cod, butt, knees, and back) was purchased by Kripton Top from Etsy. I probably would've gone with IOA plates but I didn't know about them until after I had gotten and painted these. The collar is, however, the RKD collar from IOA.

The gauntlet are 3d printed kits from Fairprice on Etsy and painted by me.

The gloves

jetpack

shin tools (minus the thruster cylinder)

(security blade was extended and thruster cylinder replaced to help props appear over the edge of the shin pockets)

and boots

are Manofwar products. The Jetpack was assembled and painted by me

The flight suit, neck seal, spats, hip pouches and vest were done by Arkady from TDH with all the weathering done by me

The girth belt was assembled by me.

I bought a mohair girth belt, painted it red, and buckle it down with nylon straps. It was originally leather but was unforgiving to my butt plate.

The ammo belt was made by our very own Dha Bral and weathered by me.

The wookie braids and cape were bought off etsy

Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of me in this kit because some of the pieces are brand new. I am going to Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle this weekend and will definitely take pictures there

I'm working on this in conjunction with a Protectors kit for the Legends Brigade as well so I'm not sure how often I will be able to change anything or update it

Jaster Fett

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Jaster's ROTJ SE Boba Fett Build
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:45 PM »
Here are some test photos I've taken in preparation for Emerald City Comic Con as well as application practice; checking for any fitting issues. Plates have been adjusted since taking these pictures. I am working on getting a more form fitting flight suit from Arkady as well as getting a set of Woodman's Wookie braids for this particular kit.

Jaster Fett

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2019, 02:18 AM »
Hey everyone!

Emerald City Comic Con was TREMENDOUSLY fun! I had Boba on for about 9 hours the whole weekend (5 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday)

Saturday I just wandered around the con before going to my Clan and Garrison photo shoots, respectively. Right before that, I helped my 501st Garrison out at the Star Wars Experience booth taking photos

Sunday, I kit up in Blast a Trooper and roamed the convention before calling it a weekend.

Jaster Fett

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2019, 03:06 PM »
My Boba was just approved by Garrison Titan (WA) of the 501st Saturday morning. Now I can focus on all my Mercd addition/subtractions and fixes

Let me know, based on my app style photos, what else I need, if anything

Jaster Fett

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2019, 12:36 AM »
I got a response back from the App Team going over my Boba. Almost all the fixes were items that have already been addressed or easy tweaks. They include:

Better fitting flight suit (Ordered in April, from Arkady)
Accurate Sized EE-3 (Comission t Dha Bral *Molon Labe Studios)
Respace chest plates - plates are too close together
Need 6 additional ammo pouches for the ammo belt (will order next week)
Jetpack beacon needs to be straightened

All in all, MUCH less work than I was expecting. I'll be getting this done in conjunction with my Protector but a lot of the key pieces are in hurry up and wait status, but I will update accordingly

Jaster Fett

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2019, 02:05 PM »
My brand new flight suit same in today from Arkady Designs and it fits WONDERFULLY!

I wasted no time in misting the whole suit with khaki colored spray paint to help give it that "blueish" hue

I went heavier on the arms, though pouches and shins. I misted brown spray paint over the thigh pouches and a heavier spray on the shins, while the base was coated with black

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2019, 09:17 AM »
Great job, Jaster!

Love the weathering gradient.  Where are you at in the application stage on this kit?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2019, 11:04 AM »
Great job, Jaster!

Love the weathering gradient.  Where are you at in the application stage on this kit?

Still waiting on my blaster from Dha Bral and I need to add 6 more ammo pouches I my belt

Jaster Fett

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2020, 04:27 PM »
First off, let me apologize for necroposting so late but I'm back on the horse of getting my SE Boba ready for applications again. I ended up flushing more off/ivory white and a sandy pink to emulate the SE flight suit better. I've ordered a new ammo belt with 14 pouches to it to adhere to the CRLs. It should be here in a few weeks. I've also ordered a new shoulder cape from Woodman from The Dented Helmet as well as new wookie scalp braids adherent to the CRL requirements. I also took the liberty of building my own ROTJ EE-3 that is closer to scale than the previous one

The current plates are RKD/IOA plates I purchased from Cal Pierce. While these are fine molds, they are a little small for my taller, wider frame (plus I used too dark green for them that would work fine for an ROTJ kit but I've noticed the SE plates are a lighter shade)

So, I have elected to get Hero ROTJ plates with a dent less right breast plate that I will paint myself

Lastly, I plan on getting a Fettronics chest display as well.

Here are pictures of my kit as it stands currently

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!