Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The new TV show armor

• 13 Replies
The new TV show armor
« on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:00 AM »
So im designing my Mandalorian armor and I was wondering if i can make one with the armor from the new Mandalorian TV show and customize it but it would pass as modern?

Arkham

• Awards Special Weapons 15+ clan level invasions
Re: The new TV show armor
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2019, 08:22 AM »
Ironically, the new armor from The Mandalorian does not actually meet the CRLs.

As we have only seen the one photo of the armor, it is not enough to base a kit off of. I am sure the CRLs will adapt t include the new armor. But that will only be after the show has aired and the App Team has been able to go over the armor (and any other armors we may see) in detail.

You could aim for something with a similar feel, as long as it checks all of the boxes in the Modern Mando CRL.

I would recommend working from a currently approved template, or making a custom one that adheres to the CRLs. I imagine it will be most of a year before we see the influences of The Mandalorian on the clubs CRLs.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC #1852 // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

JEStucker

• Come and Take it
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2019, 09:33 AM »
I understand the CRLs and the fact that aside from one screen shot, there is nothing else to base it on...
But I do see a few changes possible to make this into an accepted kit based on the current CRLs.
A little tweaking and some parts accessories...

Arkham

• Awards Special Weapons 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:46 AM »
Absolutely!

There are definitely ways to take the concept into a CRL compatible kit.

For my 2 credits: The chest armor is the big challenge, as this one falls between Legacy and standard Modern. You could separate the chest piece into individual plates and add an ab plate to go standard Modern. Or you could go Legacy and extend the ab plate and attach all of the torso plates together.

Whichever way you decide to go, adding a cod/loincloth and knee armor (we can't see if he has it in the photo) should get you well on your way.

You might check out the Boba 1313 concept art, as it seems to be what the Mandalorian's armor is based on, or very similar to, to help fill in the unseen parts of your design.

I'm excited to see what you do with this concept. Keep us posted.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC #1852 // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2019, 02:54 AM »
Ok, so i can use most of the armor to adapt it to the modern style. Now I want to make a Force hunter, are there any tips anyone can give me? I was thinking of hanging some Kyber Crystals, a couple of lightsabers and padawan braids as trophies. Two pistols and Vibroblade as weapons.

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2019, 08:59 AM »
Ok, so i can use most of the armor to adapt it to the modern style. Now I want to make a Force hunter, are there any tips anyone can give me? I was thinking of hanging some Kyber Crystals, a couple of lightsabers and padawan braids as trophies. Two pistols and Vibroblade as weapons.

As a sort of flavor note, a Force Hunter might favor slugthrower weapons, so you may want to consider slugthrower pistols over blasters. Force-sensitive types can deflect blaster bolts, but slicing up bullets just makes shrapnel.  :like:

Also, as I'm sure others will tell you, just make sure your lightsabers are dinged up and damaged to the point that they clearly don't function and are beyond repair.

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immoral for a limited time. -- 1936
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2019, 09:53 AM »

My advise is to concentrate on the first step, and make the base armor and worry about the brigade upgrades later.   Keep the requirements in mind but don't let the extra details slow down the initial authorization process. 

I really like your Concept and am looking forward to watching the build.  :like:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2019, 01:58 PM »
My advise is to concentrate on the first step, and make the base armor and worry about the brigade upgrades later.   Keep the requirements in mind but don't let the extra details slow down the initial authorization process. 

I really like your Concept and am looking forward to watching the build.  :like:

^^THIS^^
Concentrate on the basics, but keep your goal in mind.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Ok, can I get some examples of Slug weapons?  Where can I find a list of the basics for Heavy Armor Mando, And where can I find a CRL for modern?

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immoral for a limited time. -- 1936
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Force-sensitive types can deflect blaster bolts, but slicing up bullets just makes shrapnel.

Could a Force user just stop a bullet, ala Neo from the Matrix?

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2019, 11:38 AM »
Probably, but it would take almost ALL their focus, leaving them open for an attack.  You gotta remember, a slug is coming at them at close to 1000fps, and is barely the size of a pinkie-tip.   To stop something that small moving that fast is a lot harder than you'd think.  Just ask people that make armor IRL.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2019, 11:46 AM »

In the case of most Force users, i.e. anyone less talented than Yoda in his prime, I'm inclined to say no. Bullets travel much, much faster than blaster bolts, and the Force-aided reaction time needed to stop blaster bolts is already substantial. Additionally, most Force users use their lightsabers to deflect the bolts (because it takes considerably less effort than attempting to stop the bolt midair, Kylo Ren-style) but a lightsaber wouldn't stop a bullet. It would superheat it, maybe slice it into superheated shrapnel. I'd posit that the sheer amount of effort, reaction time, and talent that would go into being able to actually stop a bullet with the Force is beyond what we've seen from most, if not all, Force users. (At least the mortal, near-human ones...)

(Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit. At least we're getting in some good tactical discussion on how to 1v1 Jedi, which should prove useful in the brigade :laugh: )

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2019, 12:25 AM »
Probably, but it would take almost ALL their focus, leaving them open for an attack.  You gotta remember, a slug is coming at them at close to 1000fps, and is barely the size of a pinkie-tip.   To stop something that small moving that fast is a lot harder than you'd think.  Just ask people that make armor IRL.
In the case of most Force users, i.e. anyone less talented than Yoda in his prime, I'm inclined to say no. Bullets travel much, much faster than blaster bolts, and the Force-aided reaction time needed to stop blaster bolts is already substantial. Additionally, most Force users use their lightsabers to deflect the bolts (because it takes considerably less effort than attempting to stop the bolt midair, Kylo Ren-style) but a lightsaber wouldn't stop a bullet. It would superheat it, maybe slice it into superheated shrapnel. I'd posit that the sheer amount of effort, reaction time, and talent that would go into being able to actually stop a bullet with the Force is beyond what we've seen from most, if not all, Force users. (At least the mortal, near-human ones...)

(Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit. At least we're getting in some good tactical discussion on how to 1v1 Jedi, which should prove useful in the brigade :laugh: )
Really, the only person I'd say would be able to do the 'catch a bullet in the palm of his hand' thing would be Darth Vader (he's canonically done it with blaster bolts), and he kind of cheats, given that his hand may or may not be a repurposed crushgaunt.

Hand me my thinking grenades.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!